Fodens.........

Last of the great British trucks…

God they where awfull.

I’d imagine for some these counjure up images of yesteryear and memory lane…when men where men and trucks where trucks…

For me it counjures up an image of the old guy in the banger i seen unloading in Halifax last week !!!

No high viz, unloading in the street, no ladder to get him onto the trailer safely, and he’s wearing a shirt and tie thats no good to anyone !!!
Makes me wonder how he’s managed to grow so old doing this dangerous job.
Trailers in the street are not to be sniffed at. Someone here in a van crashed into this skelly. It might be hard to see in the pic but there is glass all over the floor and along the ribs of the trailer…he never saw it :smiley: Lessons to be learn’t !

A1 closure this week who was it? well i can’t answer that but i can tell you that last week it was the guy carrying a trailer full of dollys of sugar .

I get peeved off with accidents. That guy may have had a blow out, i’ve no idea. But i do have an idea about this one as i seen it.

I pulled into the garage at the East Lancs and the M6 and numbnuts in a white van flies through a red light and takes the front off the estate car on the right and then does a quadruple somersault along the Lancs !! You know whats next don’t ya? Yeah, Lessons to be learn’t !!! Don’t go through red lights, its dangerous !!
Ok, time to cool down now and what better way…

Stuff all that uniform rubbish, what ya need is shorts and cool cotton socks that stop you from sweating. Wear your watch half way up your arm and it stops you getting white bits on your wrist. I did spot a 25 stone Norbet Dentres driver this week getting out his truck in nothing but a thong, i didn’t have my camera at the ready but i did ask him what he was doing. “just cooling down lad, its roasting innit?”. Yep its roasting, but i’m still in my shirt and tie. Gotta keep some respectability on the job !!

haha good read there mike

the 1st pic, when did u take tha? i seen tha truck about 2 months ago by duty free facing towards the quay with alot of rubbish around etc, has it been moved since? my dad used to drive J63 DUL for a firm called EFL part of freightliners years ago,

there is J67 DUL i have seen alot around trafford park pullin boxes any pics any 1■■

a lot of the " dul " fodens ended up on the fairgrounds. :wink:

jessicas dad:
a lot of the " dul " fodens ended up on the fairgrounds. :wink:

wil have to keep my eyes open when i see the gypo’s pulling their fairground around

cheers jd

entertaining as ever mike :smiley: does yr firm allow a sense of humour?..my firm states in all job applications that its a strict no no! :unamused:

mint that old yellow foden based in penistone i think