Old timer back

Hi chaps. Not been on here for more than 10 years all different now. Lol can’t work the thing now hands won’t work lol.
Been looking at the old time 70s 80s stuff god am 17 again. My old man worked for gardeners of Durham. Left just before Durham chemicals took over. Started work at w whites medoewfield. Till it wrapped up . That’s when John crow took over.
I worked there as a school boy and when I left school. I see Ralph crow is on here he will remember me lol.
To fast for him 58 now still the same. Some tails on here about crows are just a bit wrong like the coil in Seaham dock. Lol
I was shunting that day what a splash
Trailer necks snapping lol yer all the time I was the second man on all wide . Long loads
Lots of photos. Built the first add on axel with John Ancrum, lots of photos.
Love hear from lads that where there. Can’t be many left the way we drank lol.
Steve Elliott

don’t know you steve,but welcome back chap

Check in regularly Steve with us in the current world, or we’'ll have to send a search party to find you in the nostalgia section of the forum! :slight_smile:

Even for us newbies (in terms of trucks), it’s easy to get lost amongst all those pics, and working out what luxuries there are these days compared to some of the trucks people used to have to drive. Having lived near Shap and Stainmore (A66) for many years, I’ve heard all the stories of trucks being stranded there which I guess doesn’t happen anymore.

Yer we still get stuck mate . It’s just traffic jams nowadays
Cheers lad’s

Take it you have looked through here

viewforum.php?f=35

There are several threads in there you might be interested in

Old North East companies

Crows as you say Ralph is on here & contributes quite a bit as does Larry Dunbar ( Dunbar’s of Ponteland also related to Smiles )

There are probably a few other people that remember you

They do have a “Do” at the Labour club in Newcastle couple times a year Ralph normally get to next 1 is Dec 28

Yer did mate. I was just messing around 0n the net put the names in and got there .
Forgot me password and loss it had to join again. .
Still good to see all the stuff going on.
Thanks for that .
Steve.