First day training on C+E

DAY 1

Afternoon all

Just got home after my first morning of C+E training. And i must say it went very well to say it was my first time driving a artic.

Got there at 7.30am had a brew & chat with my instructor went down to the truck for 8am did the daily checks. He took it out of the yard then gave me the truck :smiley:

First job was to go an put some fuel in, so we went to morrisons at hellaby via sheffield parkway & m1 :smiley: (my first time on the motorway :blush: ) and i must say myself and my instructor was very pleased with my drive. I also passed two artics :smiley:

Got off the motorway at hellaby then went to a yard where do the reversing maneuver, set up the cones then got into position, had three gose an i â– â– â– â– â– â–  it in every time. I thought i was going to struggle but i was rather good at it if i must so myself, i still need to master the way the trailor moves when steering, as i kept takeing the wrong lock off :blush: But im sure this will come in time.

Then we left the yard and went for a drive around rotherham & sheffield and this went very well
Apart form my speed on approach wich i need to slow down, an my planning a head could do with a bit of a clean up. But im sure this will get better with time and pratice & time in the truck

After driveing around for a few hours it was back to the yard to do the un-cupple & re-cupple, an my instructor was very pleased with it as i was.

I will update every one with tomorrows progress

Scott

Who are you training with?

Is it the same school that you did the C with?

Sounds like you had a good day. I look foward to reading day two :smiley:

lpoolalan:
Sounds like you had a good day. I look foward to reading day two :smiley:

It went very well for my first time in a C+E

ROG:
Who are you training with?

Is it the same school that you did the C with?

Yes

Im training with tal

Sounds like you had a good day Scott, all the planning and speed awareness will soon come back to you :sunglasses: , it makes a nice change for me to read someone elses diary this week as all last week i was writing my own training diary and putting on for everyone to read :open_mouth:

Good luck with the training, im looking forward to the next instalment as im doing c+e in June, so i can pinch a few pointers off you :wink: :wink:

When is your testâ– â– ?.

John.

Good read mate.

I’m in the same boat as DriverJohn, I’m doing my C+E v.soon. Just waiting for my licence to come back from the DVLA, my examiner sent if off when I passed my C last Tuesday (12th) I’m hoping it comes soon I can’t wait to get started.

Any pointers you pick up during you training will be greatly appreciated :smiley:

Good luck, looking forward to the next chapter :smiley:

very good read, and good luck , dont get caught out on over confidence and get your self into a mess like i did when i done my C+E but saying that best to get your mistakes out on your lessons rather than the test day :smiley: i was very shocked on how the wagon i had acted so different with its trailer on (yes had a drag n draw unit took me C and C+E) since passing and now working on arctics again it was a new lesson as i feel drag n draw trailer was harder than the normal arctics :confused: to reverse etc.

motorway slip roads remember off the gas earlier as you get pushed wi the trailer :slight_smile:

also pm me when you passed my be able to get you fixed up wi some work with out you getting told by agencies sorry need to have 2 years etc bla bla bla

Nice one mate and good luck with the rest of your training. :wink:

driverjohn:
Sounds like you had a good day Scott, all the planning and speed awareness will soon come back to you :sunglasses: , it makes a nice change for me to read someone elses diary this week as all last week i was writing my own training diary and putting on for everyone to read :open_mouth:

Good luck with the training, im looking forward to the next instalment as im doing c+e in June, so i can pinch a few pointers off you :wink: :wink:

When is your testâ– â– ?.

John.

Day 2

I did have a good day john, ive just about masterd my planning & speed awareness.

Only did one thing wrong today, an guess what that was? Yes my speed on approach i clipped a curb on a roundabout not the end of the world but i learnt form my mistake.

Ive got my test at 8.30 on thursday. Good look with your C+E john

LR18-8:
Good read mate.

I’m in the same boat as DriverJohn, I’m doing my C+E v.soon. Just waiting for my licence to come back from the DVLA, my examiner sent if off when I passed my C last Tuesday (12th) I’m hoping it comes soon I can’t wait to get started.

Any pointers you pick up during you training will be greatly appreciated :smiley:

Good luck, looking forward to the next chapter :smiley:

Good look with your C+E, only pointers i can give you is lissen to your instructer

steveig:
very good read, and good luck , dont get caught out on over confidence and get your self into a mess like i did when i done my C+E but saying that best to get your mistakes out on your lessons rather than the test day :smiley: i was very shocked on how the wagon i had acted so different with its trailer on (yes had a drag n draw unit took me C and C+E) since passing and now working on arctics again it was a new lesson as i feel drag n draw trailer was harder than the normal arctics :confused: to reverse etc.

motorway slip roads remember off the gas earlier as you get pushed wi the trailer :slight_smile:

also pm me when you passed my be able to get you fixed up wi some work with out you getting told by agencies sorry need to have 2 years etc bla bla bla

Arr nice one steveig hopfully i’ll be sending you a PM on thursday. Thanks for the advice

James Bateman:
Nice one mate and good luck with the rest of your training. :wink:

Cheers buddy.

The only thing i need to iron out is swaping the lock when reversing, im putting to much on early an not takeing off quick enough them in doing big locks instead of quick little ones

But its slowy â– â– â– â– â– â–  to me

Hi Scott, very true as you say, learning from your mistakes, that is what the training is all about :smiley:.

When i was training for my cat c i would make a mistake, take it onboard and then try to make sure i didn’t do the same again, paid off when i did my test as passed 1st go and only 2 minors :sunglasses: .

Very best of luck for thursday, you should be fine if you can do a drive like you are having on training :smiley:.

John.

driverjohn:
Hi Scott, very true as you say, learning from your mistakes, that is what the training is all about :smiley:.

When i was training for my cat c i would make a mistake, take it onboard and then try to make sure i didn’t do the same again, paid off when i did my test as passed 1st go and only 2 minors :sunglasses: .

Very best of luck for thursday, you should be fine if you can do a drive like you are having on training :smiley:.

John.

Thanks john, i must say i am learning form my mistakes and it is showing in my driveing.

Ive got a very good feeling about thursday, i just hope i dont suffer over confidence

Just a little update

I failed my test on thursday for clipping a curb :frowning: Apart for that i only had three miners

Going to ring tal training first thing on tuesday morning to book me a re-test

Sorry to hear that, but don’t take it to heart you’ve just joined a very big club" The first time failers" , I qualified for it twice! :smiley: :smiley:

Sorry to here you did not pass this time good luck for next time
Maybe take a couple of hours re fresh before your test next time

Why did you not re book when you got back :question: just wondering that all

knight:
Sorry to hear that, but don’t take it to heart you’ve just joined a very big club" The first time failers" , I qualified for it twice! :smiley: :smiley:

I was so â– â– â– â– â– â–  off for a few days after but now im not so bad now.

I seem to be passing every thing second time round! I passed my CPC mod 2 & 4 & my CAT C at my second go

animal:
Sorry to here you did not pass this time good luck for next time
Maybe take a couple of hours re fresh before your test next time

Why did you not re book when you got back :question: just wondering that all

I may need a few hours before because they have now got a new trailor witch is longer.

Im going to let TAL book it for me, but when i got back there was no one there to book it for me :frowning:

good look with your second attempt, i did my class 2 and c+e training with tal training back in 2008 found there training very good, i did my class 2 in a fm volvo rigid and the c+e in the volvo fh12 decent motors lol.

lgamston:
good look with your second attempt, i did my class 2 and c+e training with tal training back in 2008 found there training very good, i did my class 2 in a fm volvo rigid and the c+e in the volvo fh12 decent motors lol.

They have been brill at training me.

They still have the fm & fh, that’s what ive dune my trainging in. Did they have that Tandom Axle Box Van whan you was training with them?

Just a little update i failed my re-test on the 4th of may :cry: so booked another one for the 9th of may an guess what i failed that one to :cry:

So atm im really â– â– â– â– â– â–  off with my self because i know i can pass it but i keep failing

Ive come to the conclusion im going to give it a rest for a few weeks untill ive been on my hols
Then hopefully i will come back in a better frame of mind an i will pass it at my 4th time