First agency job interview

Hi All I passed my class 1 test in May and have just registered with Driver Hire. They called me this morning for an interview next week. Will they take me on with only a few months of passing my class 1 or are they going through the motions until I have had the license for 2 years? Do you wear shirt and tie for agency interviews? Thanks.

hello mate
Its more like an informal interveiw just turn up in smart casual clothes, u will fill in some paper work and they will give u a short theory test on ur knowledge of road signs , tacho etc , nothing to worry about , just have a quick scan through ur books and ull will be fine , they do ask u a few questions on P.O.A but thats to make sure u are in full knowlege of that for ur timesheets.
I have joined 2 driver hire franchises and they are independant of each other and will take newbies on however i havnt heard alot from them. :confused: :confused:

Hi Thanks for the help. I was amazed they called me as looking on here it looks grim for a new driver.

its xmas, they probably will need drivers. just dont expect to hear from them after xmas untill end of feb/march

what is a Trunking job? Is this good work for a new Class 1 driver?

Trunking is one pickup, one tip. Reload and back. Sometimes extends to a couple of tips. Can be trailer swap. Excellent work for newbies as often available on nights (less traffic/demented car drivers), easyish navigation to only 1 destination. Often repeats daily. Pay can be OK to good.

Hope that helps - - if it’s on offer, go for it! Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Sounds good to me. When a site states 10 applications is that 10 jobs or 10 drivers have applied? Thanks for the info so far.

10 drivers that have applied