Fire!!!............

I’m sure my version 1 FH had one as standard kit?

I can just imagine agency drivers carrying them about. Any more daft ideas? How about start using seatbelts?!

This is something which was in the back of my mind when I first started doing nights out. Not paniking about the possibility, but being aware of it. I remember a case when a driver was sleeping in his cab outside his drop and a bunch of louts thought it would be a funny idea to torch this lorry which was parked up in the middle of the night. What a nasty way to die.

pavaroti:
… Any more daft ideas?..

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Don’t you have at least one smoke alarm in your house??

Do you even sleep in a house?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A truck will go up in flames in literally a few minutes, fully engulfed, with you still in it unless something or someone wakes you up.

You however,had best save your pennies though and not bother. :wink:

As for seat belts…REAL TRUCKERS, as I imagine you consider yourself to be, don’t wear seat belts do they■■? :laughing: :laughing:

You are a REAL TRUCKER aren’t you Pav??

I had a truck with a pod on it at one time, I’m sure it was obligatory on pods to have a smoke alarm - could be wrong though :neutral_face:

Dads Daf95 SSC has one fitted not sure if it was factory fitted or not, the bloody thing is good goes off if ya boil the kettle :imp: :imp: :imp:

pavaroti:
I can just imagine agency drivers carrying them about. Any more daft ideas? How about start using seatbelts?!

Someone ■■■■■■ on your cornflakes again, or maybe they do it on purpose because they dont like you :wink:

All our sleeper cabs have the “Standard” MAN/Scania fire alarms, my a**e makes a louder noise.

Honestly, if anyone has ever heared one, how can that wake you up■■?

I was in an Axor a while back and that had a device just above the drivers door. I can’t remember whether it was a fire alarm or a carbon monoxide detector. A CO detector would be a great idea too, as if the night heater goes wrong or isn’t well looked after it could poison you off nicely.

Bullitt has an interest in the whole smoke detector thing, if you can catch a fire early enough it can be put out easily enough with a small fire extinguisher or throwing a coat over it (not a nylon coat though) this way him & his mates don’t have to stop their game of snooker half way through & slide down their pole :wink:

I would say this is one of the best suggestions made , due to personal
experience as regards a cabin fire , well worth the money ,

bullitt:

newmercman:
…this way him & his mates don’t have to stop their game of snooker half way through & slide down their pole :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one mark, PMSL. hows life across the pond treating you?. Been following your posts, you sure get around a bit!!

Still pushing the needle round to Texas I presume!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Rick, how’s you? Yeah I’ve been a busy boy lately, slowed down a little though, they introduced a speed related bonus, it’s worth around $500 nett a month, so I poodle around at 64mph now, we have to be under 65mph 90.1% of the time to get it, but that still allows one day in every 10 to be pedal to the metal & I take full advantage :laughing: