Truck fire

Hi all. One of my convoy drivers had a bad day. He’d only departed the yard 5mins when this happened.

Poor fella is devastated. He managed to get out un harmed but lost everything. If anyone has any kit they wish to off load,please get in touch.

Take care all, Rob.

Blooming heck (i’d say something stronger but its not allowed on TN). I was shocked when i saw that pic.

Is the cause yet known? Fuel leak or amateur spot light wiring??

Best wishes to the driver, i expect he is somewhat shaken.

I remember once in the very early 80’s driving to work at a main Ford agents one winters morning in a 1971 Land Rover.

Winter time, all electrics switched on: lights, heater fan, radio, wipers, etc.
Smelly Smoke started to issue from behind the dash.
I switched everything, lights n all, off quickly.
Then started gingerly turning things back on (whilst still driving along the DC), starting with side lights.
Eventually got everything back on & it never did it again.
Guess i was lucky.

All those extras covered by his insurance?

looks like a right inferno starting up. shame for the fella.

as much as i hate skodas, you cant really imagine how he must be feeling losing everything.

Steve-o:
All those extras covered by his insurance?

We had a 7.5 totalled by fire a few months ago and the insurance tried to say that because there was no fault attributable to anyone they would only pay out for the truck and not any third party damage. Since we have had (touching a lot of wood here) good claims experiece recently, they finally agreed to pay out. That included BTW damage to two customers cars!

jessicas dad:
looks like a right inferno starting up. shame for the fella.

Devastating for him, I know, but he’s OK. I have lost three members of my family ( a brother and a sister and my father,) in or as a direct result of two seperate fires where they were trapped, so I thank God the driver managed to get out. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: at the end of the day it is a truck and can be replaced, HE CAN’T! I hope the terrible experience does not affect him for too long.
Give him my best wishes.

Its good the driver was unharmed - Maybe he can claim his stuff on his house insurance. I know that mine covers my belongings away from home but only up to a certain value?

If your colleague has lost everything :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: and is willing to fund the postage i can let him have a small colour tv, dvd player (both 12v), and a quilt. They are sat in my loft after i finished driving last year (got a proper job now). I am based in Grimsby so collection would be possible, just pm me if he is interested. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:. P.S free of charge

that very nearly happened to one of my trucks when work took a down turn nearly 2 years ago. (gap insurance) lucky for insurance that work is never far away.

I was talking to the blokes son on Monday, suspected fuel leak.

Rusty Nail:
I was talking to the blokes son on Monday, suspected fuel leak.

:bulb:

Driveroneuk:
Is the cause yet known? Fuel leak or amateur spot light wiring??

:bulb:

a video made by an aussie guy called Mick who runs a website called oztruckintv, his truck caught fire a few weeks ago in south australia and he lost everything, but he uploaded a personal interview about how its affected him, and also theres footage of the fire, etc in there as well

Don’t mind admitting that brought a tear to my eye.

Fair play to the bloke for making that video, obviously in thanks to all those who helped him.

Seems like a very decent guy.

May you have many more safe miles Mick.

the guys a hero, check out his other work with oztruckintv, a voice of the transport industry here in australia

Driveroneuk:
Don’t mind admitting that brought a tear to my eye.

Fair play to the bloke for making that video, obviously in thanks to all those who helped him.

Seems like a very decent guy.

May you have many more safe miles Mick.

Bloody hell Rob is that Carls motor :open_mouth:

CRISPY:
Bloody hell Rob is that Carls motor :open_mouth:

Yes mate that is.

Ametuer wiring? Oh ye of very little faith. The electrical equipment was all wired by Scania.

MR VAIN:
Ametuer wiring? Oh ye of very little faith. The electrical equipment was all wired by Scania.

Having seen the state of some of the wiring jobs done by a local DAF main stealer I wouldn’t say that having had Scania do it would necessarily mean it was done properly.

Lets hope the insurance covers something like the cost of a replacement.

Paul

as long as he is safe, thats all that matters

reminds my F10 went up on the M1 near J13
its distracing to say the least