fire extinguishers

hi all
can anyone confirm that it is now (1/1/09) a legal requirement to carry 2 extinguishers on a hgv 1 on body and a small one in the cab.
I know this is a very good idea but is it a legal requirement ■■

many thanks all

:smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Only if under ADR regs

The rules you are referring to appear to be only applicable to vehicles carrying hazardous goods.

I have not seen any other legislation relating to normal HGV but obviously carrying an extinguisher in the cab is a good working practice.

If you need any more clarification I’d advise you check with VOSA for the up to date regulations(they change so often :laughing: )

Hi chaps. :smiley:

I’m not being picky, but the Regs regarding fire extinguishers when carrying dangerous goods are a bit tricky in that it will depend on the type and quantity of dangerous goods and the permitted GVW of the vehicle.

I’ve covered the topic :arrow_right: HERE, if you’d like to take a look. :smiley: (Surely you didn’t expect me to type that lot out again. :grimacing: )
The info in that post is still accurate, cos that hasn’t changed in ADR 2009.

I can’t help with the original question, cos I’ve not heard anything about it either. :frowning:

thanks fellas
to be honest I thought it was coming so when I was told by an extinguiser installer at a warehouse I was loading from I thought maybe I got it wrong. Guess he was trying to get business out of me eh !!!

many thanks for your replies

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: