Fire extinguisher

Hi guys and gals, do ordinary non ADR trucks need to carry a fire extinguisher.
I’m asking as one of our drivers is adamant that we should have them in our trucks.
Duncan

No. Unless your company specifies it in their terms.

109LWB:
No. Unless your company specifies it in their terms.

This^^^ :smiley:

Thanks lads,I’ll file this one beside his last nugget of being against the law to use a car sat-nav in a truck.
Duncan

Every place has one (or more… :open_mouth: :confused: ) of these pompous clowns, who like to strut around like some sort of font of knowledge. They are great fun to poke fun at.

The worst thing is he’s an operator CPC holder and our gaffer takes what he says seriously
Duncan

i would imagine a quick pm to dozy,our resident oracle on these matters would clarify any confusion.always pays to keep yourself correct…even moreso if your intending to take a coolbox with you or possibly washing your truck at the weekends in the future…ta

Dunky123:
The worst thing is he’s an operator CPC holder and our gaffer takes what he says seriously
Duncan

In that case the possibilties are endless.

For starters, refuse to move any more trucks untill fire extinguishers are fitted…

I like your thinking sir.

It’s law over here, every time I am pulled into a DOT check they look for the extinguisher and check the level. Not that they are much good any, we had them on Tesco and one day on the M6 I came across a VW camper on the shoulder with the engine on fire, I stopped and ran to help, equipment in hand, pointed it at the engine and pulled the trigger, the fire went out as it was totally covered in foam, I emptied the device and walked away, turning back I watched as the VW burst into flames again. I gave up and drove away.

dieseldog999:
i would imagine a quick pm to dozy,our resident oracle on these matters would clarify any confusion.always pays to keep yourself correct…even moreso if your intending to take a coolbox with you or possibly washing your truck at the weekends in the future…ta

After the abuse I get , you can zb right off with any advice from now on your on your own , 35 yrs years of experience and you lot won’t get a minute of it , you should respect your bloody elders , younger generation are a zb embarrassment , I shouldn’t of hit my horn at that young kid today , I should of let him reverse into me and shouted look what you’ve done , I’ve had enough. , I’m to old to have some kids barely out of nappies take the ■■■■ out of me , you can ■■■■ of I’m off , you’ll not here from me again , your loss

Nooooo doze, your above flounce offs surely.

Anyway I think it would be good practice for all trucks to be fitted with fire extinguishers.
After all we are usually first on the scene of vehicle fires.

Some training is needed though as I can just imagine a car smoking on the hard shoulder and half a dozen trucks stop so the drivers can play at being firemen.
Half the buggers will be mucking about spraying each other or just spraying passing traffic for a laugh. It would be akin to some sort of weird blindfolded ■■■■■■■ session.

the nodding donkey:

Dunky123:
Duncan

In that case the possibilties are endless.

For starters, refuse to move any more trucks untill fire extinguishers are fitted…

And your CPC holder should make sure that you are trained to use them (a half day paid fun with the local fire brigade at a couple of hundred quit a pop)
Made his risk assessment, method statements, before you even go near a fire extinguisher. :smiley: :smiley:
It use to be part of the ADR course in Holland and Germany, but because of cost they removed it.

Now in case of a vehicle fire, take fire extinguisher out the vehicle, start running, throw fire extinguisher away, run even faster!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

dozy:

dieseldog999:

After the abuse I get , you can zb right off with any advice from now on your on your own , 35 yrs years of experience and you lot won’t get a minute of it , you should respect your bloody elders , younger generation are a zb embarrassment , I shouldn’t of hit my horn at that young kid today , I should of let him reverse into me and shouted look what you’ve done , I’ve had enough. , I’m to old to have some kids barely out of nappies take the ■■■■ out of me , you can ■■■■ of I’m off , you’ll not here from me again , your loss

Heartbreaking. I can’t see Trucknet ever recovering from this incalculable loss

dozy:

dieseldog999:

How’s the head this morning dozy?

the nodding donkey:

dozy:

dieseldog999:

i think il miss your jeremy kyle scumbag pic more then il miss the irrelevant questions…bit of a nailbiter here now…will he,wont he,what new user name will he come back on with…■■

the nodding donkey:

Still empty I’d imagine.

Dipper_Dave:

Anyway I think it would be good practice for all trucks to be fitted with fire extinguishers.

Some training is needed though as I can just imagine a car smoking on the hard shoulder and half a dozen trucks stop so the drivers can play at being firemen.
Half the buggers will be mucking about spraying each other or just spraying passing traffic for a laugh. It would be akin to some sort of weird blindfolded ■■■■■■■ session.

Why did i laugh so much after reading this from you dont know what bit was the best :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Dipper_Dave:

Your post made me think of a scene like this :laughing:

But the reality would probably be more like this, :cry: