In Cab Fire Extinguishers

Hi,

Could anyone tell me if there is a requirement by law to have fire extinguisers fitted in cabs for trucks on NON ADR work. (I.E a haulier that does not ever carry out ADR, nor are licenced for ADR)

Cheers

I think it’s only passenger carrying vehicles that have any requirement outside ADR so not needed in a ‘normal’ truck. If fitted, it should be serviceable.

If none ADR vehicles were legally required to carry fire extinguishers, three quarters of the lorries in the UK would be braking the law :slight_smile:

NO, as far as I’m aware there’s no legal requirement for lorries to carry fire extinguishers in the UK if they don’t carry hazardous goods.

No, it’s not a requirement but if they are fitted then that must be in full working order and serviced/replaced every 12 months.

m1cks:
I think it’s only passenger carrying vehicles that have any requirement outside ADR so not needed in a ‘normal’ truck. If fitted, it should be serviceable.

Spot on :sunglasses:

It’s not a legal requirement - I currently work for a company that decided to remove them as it was cheaper than keeping them serviceable :S