new h&s reg's

just arrived back at the depot and i noticed the mechanics adding another fire extinguisher to a 7.5 tonner,he said it’s the new h&s regulations that all the rigids and units are to be fitted with extinguishers that total 12kg’s,this is mainly down to carrying adr,also that we will be getting issued with a wedge to be kept in the unit/rigid.so if you breakdown apart from placeing you triangle out you will need to wedge the vehicle.where is your incab extinguisher located is it handy or is it like mine in the MAN under the bunk. :wink

side of the drivers seat but its empty :open_mouth: i think its either for throwing at the fire or for road rage purposes

simon

SimonRS2K:
side of the drivers seat but its empty :open_mouth: i think its either for throwing at the fire or for road rage purposes

simon

i know what you should be doing 1st thing tomorrow,yes get a full one. :wink:

Fire extinguisher? Errr, I drank my bottle of water yesterday when I got hot. :unamused:

Is that h&s regs for DHL or for all wagons? My boss would laugh if I asked for one. I think he’d rather have the insurance money if the wagon went on fire - let it burn!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Lostpup:
? My boss would laugh if I asked for one. I think he’d rather have the insurance money if the wagon went on fire - let it burn!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

a load of straw was set alight while parked overnight in South Molton a couple of weeks ago - it was an Y reg ERF wagon & Drag before and a pile of scrap afterwards ( insert your own standard ERF joke here)

don’t think a fire extinguisher would have helped -

( the driver had luckily gone home)

Lostpup:
Fire extinguisher? Errr, I drank my bottle of water yesterday when I got hot. :unamused:

Is that h&s regs for DHL or for all wagons? My boss would laugh if I asked for one. I think he’d rather have the insurance money if the wagon went on fire - let it burn!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i suppose h&s is for everyone,so i think it will be everyone.

simonRS2K said that his is empty,it might not be him that requires it.one off our drivers had to use his to put out a lady drivers car fire,you never know when it will come in handy.
driving around with an empty one is bad practise and i think breaking the law,and if stopped it may bring a fine for the company for breaking h&s reg’s,is it really worth it?

kitkat:

Lostpup:

simonRS2K said that his is empty,it might not be him that requires it.one off our drivers had to use his to put out a lady drivers car fire,you never know when it will come in handy.
driving around with an empty one is bad practise and i think breaking the law,and if stopped it may bring a fine for the company for breaking h&s reg’s,is it really worth it?

KitKat getting my gaffer to fill that extinguisher is like trying to get a pay rise out of him i’ve got more chance of platting snot, The one on the side of the truck is full though

simon

SimonRS2K:

kitkat:

Lostpup:

KitKat getting my gaffer to fill that extinguisher is like trying to get a pay rise out of him i’ve got more chance of platting snot, The one on the side of the truck is full though

simon

don’t help if the fire’s in the cab eh :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:

SimonRS2K:

kitkat:

Lostpup:

simon

don’t help if the fire’s in the cab eh :laughing: :laughing:

KitKat don’t worry mate if the cabs on fire i’ll be nowhere the thing :smiley: