Finally got a trucking job

Passed both C and CE over 2 years ago but I have a back problem so cant do any lifting or loading/unloading so finding a job I can do with no experience has been a tricky one.

I’ve now been offered a job driving a tipper and I’ve told them about my back so I don’t have to hide the problem, They are happy to have me just as a driver so I’m well pleased.

I did find a tipper driving job a few years ago but on the first day they told me that drivers have to change their own wheels, so my first day was also my last day.

Any tips on driving a tipper would be very welcome.

ANY GOOD?

OR THIS?

on the first day they told me that drivers have to change their own wheels,

Did they also send you out for a long stand by any chance?? :laughing:

If this is right then it is one of the few firms left that expect drivers to be mechanics, tyre fitters and sleep over the wheel.

I dont doubt thast there are firms sout there that expect this but nowadays it is becoming more rare.

But no doubt somebody will come along very quickly and tell me I’m wrong - again

they told me that drivers have to change their own wheels, so my first day was also my last day.

Bosses wheels aint they ? :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I didn’t believe it myself but it turned out to be true.

the firm is Pryor on Harlow common if anyone knows them, and it’s a big firm.

Sceptic:
Passed both C and CE over 2 years ago but I have a back problem so cant do any lifting or loading/unloading so finding a job I can do with no experience has been a tricky one.

I’ve now been offered a job driving a tipper and I’ve told them about my back so I don’t have to hide the problem, They are happy to have me just as a driver so I’m well pleased.

I did find a tipper driving job a few years ago but on the first day they told me that drivers have to change their own wheels, so my first day was also my last day.

Any tips on driving a tipper would be very welcome.

Drive like the wind :laughing: :laughing: