Final Part Tomorrow.... Phewwww

well its been a right old journey!! got my final part of becoming a lorrie driver tomorrow, the mod 4 CPC. never thought i would get this far and ill be glad when its over. can anyone who has done this mod 4 tell me if it is a hard test to pass? ( Cant be no harder than the practical driving one ) also which form do i need to update my licence? is it the D1 or D2 form or do i just send off my licence with my certificate?

hi there,the test isn’t too bad as long as you have had training ect .as for the licence the examiner will just do it for you ,they don’t take your licence just give you a pass certificate then they get in touch with dvla.should get it in about a week.

Clint - Ther are only 20 possible qustions on the Mod 4.

You can download them and I hope you have time to read them at flairtraining.co.uk/PDF/cpcp … stions.pdf

Good luck

Yes I downloaded the PDF file about a week ago and have been trying to study it as much as I can. It has been very helpful. My test is 8;45 and my training starts at 6:45 so 2hours. Been told by visage who are training me that this is ample time, also I’ve been told I get given a book that I’m aloud to refer to during the test. With regards to my licence I still have to update it to my new C category. Do I send this off with my certificate and dvla form or just licence and certificate?

clint my man!

with regards to ur licence if its ur driving licence you put tht with ur counterpart and ur pass driving certificate and send it off u just wait for ur qualification card the examiner will do all of tht for you. my licence took just over 2 weeks to come. as for cpc its really easy 2bf mate when i took it i knew way too much apparently the information i was giving was very advanced compared to the basic list they had i passed with 95% its really nothing to worry about mate ull do fine!

By now hopefully you have passed

good luck

Jennie x

just to let you all know… passed this morning with 100% jimmy the examiner said the same to me. i was telling him more than he wanted to know. the pdf file helped loads. probably wouldnt have done so well without it. cheers guys. now the finsl test is looking or a job. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Congrats on passing :smiley:

well done clint you can breathe a sigh of relief !! 2 weeks mate n ull b on the road!

I hope so jimmy. cheers mate. i was doing the CPC today with another kid “literally” he was 19 and had failed his first attempt at the cpc. im not saying i forgot what it was like to be 19 but this guy didnt have a clue. he did pass today aswell “just” this guy was more important with how fast the lorrie could go round corners and getting off the lights. he was also under the illusuion that he was gonna walk straight into a £500 a week job. he didnt even pay for his training… daddy is in a well payed job and had payed for him to do it. im sorry but this guys attitude was all wrong and gives new young truckers a bad name. spent more time today doing that thing that youngsters do, walking round with his hands down his pants holding his balls “WTF” so a word of advice to new drivers especially young ones is “you are now a professional driver and should act like one at all times” any other newbie should agree with me that learning to drive a truck has made me respect the roads 10 times of what i used to!! :grimacing: :grimacing:

clint who actually taught you your cpc cos the company i used do a lot for visage i done my driving assesment in visages erf curtainsider an ex palletline from framptons also any advice as doing mine soon i hope just waiting for the guy to book it and my licence to come back

Congrats on the pass

wish you all the best in finding work look forward to the next post of you finding a job

fingers crossed for ya

Jennie x

The bloke that done my cpc mod 4 name is Mark callaghan. He has his own company and his partners name is Martin Hopkins who lives in nunney. They do the cpc work for visage. I done it through fast track lgv who then done it through visage who then done it through Mark and Martin. I also used the visage truck to do the mod 4, like u said an ex framptons truck. The best bit of advice I can give for the mod 4 is look at the PDF file that is in another forum on this site. I’ll try and post a link for you. I think without that I would have struggled to pass. Mark is a good teacher and anything ur not sure on just ask. Gonna b doing my Class 1 with him in the summer as him and Martin have their own artic. Let us know cbarnes when you have ur mod 4.

look forward to the next post of you finding a job

Thanks jennie. I look forward to posting my next post :laughing: hopefully it won’t be that long to wait :unamused:

they are who i did my training with mark is a good laugh was it in the erf or the red daf

It was the curtain sider ERF I used. At least when you do your mod 4, and question comes about drugs and illegal immigrants and you have to check under the lorry. U won’t get dirty cuz it went all over me and my hands!! Let us know when ur doin it

hoping to hear from martin today but it has to all fit together if you know what i mean (mark or martin free when test available) they are a cracking pair of guys they normally do the cpc in the artic lol