FH12 Cab tilt

I think I have an electric cab tilt on my old (99) FH12, but I am not sure. There is a switch in the cab with a tilting cab picture that lights up, and there is what looks like an electric pump down by the manual tilt pump. But I have yet to find a push button on the outside to make it go. Any help ?

ive never come across an electric cab tilt before but if they have electric trailer legs then i dont see why not.
that said i would certainly not expect to find a switch to operate it in the cab. that would be scarey to say the least.
the switch / button would have to be on the outside and common sense would say there would still be a manual lock of some description. :question:

It should be tucked in or around the bottom of the air intake near the battery box on the passenger side. It normally looks like the battery cut off switch only smaller. Although the chances of it working are quite slim, i gave up with mine and just done it the hard way. :frowning:

I remember that cab tilt switch, but still not sure quite what is does

Heres how it works: You turn the ignition on, switch the switch on the dash then switch the outside switch,and, in theory the pump should start up and up goes the cab!! Then set the pump to down and it will pump it back down. With out the ignition on and the dash switch in the on position the outside switch is dead. This is obviously so people can’t roll you out of bed in the middle of the night!!!

Whilst remembering to stow away telly,fridge,dog,rubber dolly and such like!!!

approx chance of finding a working model…1 in 10.
lovelly when they do work though!..all trucks should have them. :smiley:

until your battery is flat ! :laughing: :laughing:

after turning dashboard switch on use the manual cab tilt bar to turn the switch on the nearside of the cab.

you should have two small holes in the nearside corner of the bumper

one is for the electric switch, the other is the manual tilt pump

The electric cab pump was only available in the top spec ‘CD’ trim Volvos, (the ones with the leather seats, and blue interior etc) if im not mistaken. Flick the switch on in dash, and flick the little leaver near the battery box, it goes up and down automaticly.