Volvo cab tilt question

Hi all,looking for some advice.
Need to tilt the cab on my volvo fh to gain access to the night heater securing bolts. Its an electric tilt mechanism,I’ve swithced the key to the aux position,turned the switch on the dash but when I twist the pin on the outside the pump activates an lifts the cab maybe 2 inch then won’t go any further. The pump continues to run. Am I missing something? Or is the pump low on oil! Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I’ve moved your post to where I think it will receive more views and replies from those in the know. dd. :wink:

Check pump for oil, but it do take a minute or to for th cab to shift on my maggy.

Cheers for that. Not sure how to check the oil on it to be honest. Will let the pump run for a couple of minutes an see if owt happens.

Check cab lock as do stick closed

Anyone tell me how I check/free off the cab locks?

If you are not sure, do the sensible thing & get a fitter to show you. The last thing you don’t want to happen is 2 tons of cab tilting forward when you break hard when it’s not locked properly !

Are the locks oil operated or air? Looks like a lack of oil in the pump.

All sorted now. Turned out to be air in the system. Veted an sorted. Cheers for the advice.

My memory is failing but there was a particular cab lock that you operated with a grease gun. What was it on?