Volvo FH 12 switches

Hi. Some of you may of seen my post asking if anyone knows of where i can get an owners manual for my FH12 460 i shift. I have been looking and cant find anything online so i will post a couple of questions here regarding what i was looking for.

It is the first time i have owned a truck and i havent really driven many volvos so dont know what all the switches do.

Firstly how does the lift axle switches work down the side of the seat. I can make the axles go up and down most of the time but on other occasions it lowers the axle when i start the engine? it has the up and down switch and another which i persume you use to set if you are travelling on the road or not? will the axle go down automaticly?

On the dash to the left of the steering wheel there is a big switch which shows the truck with some rain drops above it. what does this one do?

Some one has put in a second switch on the dash which is for the lifting axle on a trailer i think from the picture on it. How does this wire into the trailer as i cant see any extra wires on the back of the cab?

Does anyone know how to set up the ecoroll function properly as it only seems to drop into neutral when i am driving and take my foot off the loud pedal, and not with the cruise control?

On the side of the seat is a narrow button with a 1 and 0. is this for a heated seat? and next to it is a wider rocker switch but no picture on it. it doesnt seem to do anything?

I have just purchased a tipper with an easy sheet on it. i have never used an easy sheet so how is this used, is there an in cab contol for it which needs wiring in.

In the cab near the passanger seat is a black box which says its an automatic lubricating control box. It has a switch which by the sounds of things makes it lubricate something? i persume its not a volvo instalation. what is this used for, a walking floor possibly?

Any help with the above would be appreciated i know its quite a long list.
Nick

durknp:
Hi. Some of you may of seen my post asking if anyone knows of where i can get an owners manual for my FH12 460 i shift. I have been looking and cant find anything online so i will post a couple of questions here regarding what i was looking for.

It is the first time i have owned a truck and i havent really driven many volvos so dont know what all the switches do.

Firstly how does the lift axle switches work down the side of the seat. I can make the axles go up and down most of the time but on other occasions it lowers the axle when i start the engine? it has the up and down switch and another which i persume you use to set if you are travelling on the road or not? will the axle go down automaticly?

On the dash to the left of the steering wheel there is a big switch which shows the truck with some rain drops above it. what does this one do?

Some one has put in a second switch on the dash which is for the lifting axle on a trailer i think from the picture on it. How does this wire into the trailer as i cant see any extra wires on the back of the cab?

Does anyone know how to set up the ecoroll function properly as it only seems to drop into neutral when i am driving and take my foot off the loud pedal, and not with the cruise control?

On the side of the seat is a narrow button with a 1 and 0. is this for a heated seat? and next to it is a wider rocker switch but no picture on it. it doesnt seem to do anything?

I have just purchased a tipper with an easy sheet on it. i have never used an easy sheet so how is this used, is there an in cab contol for it which needs wiring in.

In the cab near the passanger seat is a black box which says its an automatic lubricating control box. It has a switch which by the sounds of things makes it lubricate something? i persume its not a volvo instalation. what is this used for, a walking floor possibly?

Nick

unbelievable :smiley:

Indeed. Words fail me.

I wouldn’t bother worrying about it. When I first drove an i-shift volvo I just got used to driving it first and pressed all the different buttons to find out what they did when I was stopped and had time to spare.

If it makes a horrible noise when it’s pressed, switch it off quick!

:smiley:

durknp:

Nick

OK, here goes:

On side of seat, button with 1 and 0 is for heasted seat, if your backside doesn’t get warm its probably broken. The rocket switch next to it should be for the lumber support to inflate/deflate (with air).

The “lift axle switch on the side of the seat” if it’s got a big curly lead and is magnetic it’s the manual control for the suspension ride height. Flick top switch UP and use botttom switch to manually adjust rear axle height i.e. if your dropping or picking up a trailer. Put top switch back to central position before you move off (picture of truck with horizontal arrow). Move the top switch DOWN to set the running height for the suspension.

If you’ve got a 6x2 the switch for the lift axle is on the dash normally to the left of the steering wheel. Its got a picture of 2 circles, one higher than the other with a line obove it. This will have 3 positions, UP to lift axle, CENTRE for normal running (laden), and DOWN to dump the air from the lift axle to the drive to give more traction but lift axle remains on the ground.

To set the Ecoroll, when in cruise control, put engine brake into A position (short stalk, first click down), put cruise control on, then use rocket switch on end of engine brake stalk to set the overspeed control. This is the speed at which the engine brake comes in when you go over your set speed on the cruise control. When you set off this as set at +4 Km/h (so at 90Km/h eng brake will cut in at 94Km/h), but the ecoroll doesn’t some in until +5Km/h, so click the rocker switch on the end of the eng brake stalk UP on click to get it to +5, eco roll will then function on over-run. (you can pick any speed from +5 to +9 as the overspeed.)

The switch with the picture of a truck with raindrops on is probab;ly the auto water drain for the fuel system.
Ignition on, h/brake on press button, the fuel filter with the glass bowl under it will drain a small amount of fuel(and any water) out onto the floor. Make sure you don’t do thhis when VOSA is inspecting your truck. It won’t make you popular.
They generally don’t work after about 4 years so don;t worry if nothing happens. You will know when you’ve got water in your fuel as the same symbol appears on the dash (as the picture on the switch), and your engine probably won’t start.

That’s pretty much all I can help you with.