Ferry OR Train travel mode on a digi

Hi wonder if any of you guys could help me out please?

I am in a job where I use the shuttle and may have need for Ferry use also. I believe a setting is available for such on the digi tachos but am blowed if I can find it. Could somebody advise me how I go about this mode and if I actually need to show my travel in this way or simply set it on a break?

Also looking at the thread re card in over night, I take mine out to allow the required daily printout, is it possible to print out a final end of day without removing the card.

Thanks

m3ter:

I am in a job where I use the shuttle and may have need for Ferry use also. I believe a setting is available for such on the digi tachos but am blowed if I can find it. Could somebody advise me how I go about this mode and if I actually need to show my travel in this way or simply set it on a break?

Also looking at the thread re card in over night, I take mine out to allow the required daily printout, is it possible to print out a final end of day without removing the card.

Thanks

I let someone else who knows about ferrys tell you about them, but you do not need to do a daily printout. And yes if you want you can print out with out removing the card, just use the menu, it almost prompts you for it?

m3ter:

Unless you are using the facility to have an interrupted daily rest you will not need to use the ferry/train setting. You can interrupt twice but must take 11 hours actual rest and it must as with a ‘normal’ daily rest fall completely within the 24 hour period which starts when you resume work after a daily or weekly rest period. This would only be used on the longer ferry crossings or train journeys, where you have access to a bunk, and it would not be legal to use it on the Shuttle or a Dover - Calais crossing. For these crossings you would set it to break.

I’ve not used the ferry rest option yet but from memory you need to enter the main menu and scroll down past driver entry to vehicle entry and as far as I recall it is the first or second option under that.

m3ter:

There is no such thing as a required daily printout under normal operation, only if the card is lost, stolen or has malfunctioned is a print out necessary. If you do want a printout, and a variety of different printouts are available as is the option to go back and print out any previous day, it is possible to do this at any time without taking the card out. Again this is available from the main menu.