Ferry mode

Another one when you’re taking youre rest on the boat you’re allowed to use the ferry mode twice with a max of hour for getting on and off but on the way out when you take you’re card out and go to do the manual entry for when customs stopped you 1 how would you mark it on the tachograph as you’ve used one of the two getting on then then other coming off would you just put the ferry mode back on and would that still be classed as the 2nd or do they think it would be a3rd to witch you’re not allowed to do or would it be classed as other work but doing that would interfere with the rest if you get me ,the only reason I’m asking because I would much rather know now then getting caught out threw knot knowing what to do, I appreciate any help thank you just don’t wanna line some else pocket

Horley:
Another one when you’re taking youre rest on the boat you’re allowed to use the ferry mode twice with a max of hour for getting on and off but on the way out when you take you’re card out and go to do the manual entry for when customs stopped you 1 how would you mark it on the tachograph as you’ve used one of the two getting on then then other coming off would you just put the ferry mode back on and would that still be classed as the 2nd or do they think it would be a3rd to witch you’re not allowed to do or would it be classed as other work but doing that would interfere with the rest if you get me ,the only reason I’m asking because I would much rather know now then getting caught out threw knot knowing what to do, I appreciate any help thank you just don’t wanna line some else pocket

If you’re interrupting a daily rest period to board/disembark a ferry don’t take the card out, legally you shouldn’t be driving the vehicle without your driver card in the tachograph.

Lets say you arrive at the ferry port and start your daily rest period there.

1. Put the tachograph on rest.

2. When you board the ferry put the tachograph on “ferry/Train” before moving the vehicle, it doesn’t matter if you have to stop for a few minutes while boarding it’s still only one movement.
    (If you do have to stop and switch of the ignition make sure the tachograph is on other work)

3. When you’re on the ferry put the tachograph on rest.

4. When you disembark the ferry put the tachograph on “Ferry/Train” before moving the vehicle, again it doesn’t matter if you have to stop for a few minutes while disembarking it’s still only one movement.
    (If you do have to stop and switch of the ignition make sure the tachograph is on other work)

5. When/if you park up again to complete the daily rest period put the tachograph on rest again.

You can only interrupt a daily rest period to board/disembark a ferry/train if you’re having a regular 11 hour daily rest period, you cannot interrupt a reduced daily rest period.

Yh I get all that bud what I’m getting at is when you come of the ferry on the ferry mode but then get stopped by customs to look at youre digi card what would u do ? Because ya cant just say sorry I’m not taking my card out

Horley:
Yh I get all that bud what I’m getting at is when you come of the ferry on the ferry mode but then get stopped by customs to look at youre digi card what would u do ? Because ya cant just say sorry I’m not taking my card out

To be honest I didn’t know there was a likelihood of customs checking your driver card, anyway when you put the card back in just do a manual entry for other work for the time the card was out put the tachograph back on “Ferry/Train” and carry on, it’s still only one movement.

Well customs vosa either one of them I’ve heard of drivers being pulled in when coming off the ferry , but cheers for the reply

do a print out and say that you were stoped - put the time and the agency that stopped you on your print out and get them to sign it as well .

It would be unusual for vosa or any equivalent to stop you when coming off the ferry… customs on the other hand will pull you in for a random search regularly but they aren’t interested in your tachogragh and the search usually only takes a few mins so just leave the tacho on other work and you will be covered…