Ferries and rest time info wanted

Can someone tell me the rules for interupting daliy rest to go on and off ferries and do i have to extend my rest and wot mode do put the digi tacho on is it out of scope Can any one tell me where i can find and print the rules off

Big ■■■■:
Can someone tell me the rules for interupting daliy rest to go on and off ferries and do i have to extend my rest and wot mode do put the digi tacho on is it out of scope Can any one tell me where i can find and print the rules off

Ferry / Train rest;

• Where a Regular daily rest period is taken on board a ferry or train, the period can be interrupted not more than twice. The total interruption can be no more than one hour. A bunk or couchette must be available. This is changed from the current one interruption of no more than 1 hour. The rest requirement is for a Regular daily rest i.e. 11 hours, so that is unchanged from the current situation where we have a reduced rest of 9 hours plus 2 hours extra.

Taken from HERE which is where all the new rules are just print it off if you want

Ok the way it works as far as i follow it is as follows.

The daily rest can be interupted no more than twice to move onto and off of the ferry as long as the total movements are no more than 1 hour in total for both movements

You must have a 11 hour break minimum, you cannot have a reduced 9 hour rest.

As for the digi tacho. When you park up on the quay to wait for the boat, put it on rest and put your end country as uk or France etc. then when you are ready to get on the boat put the digi on ferry mode and drive onto boat, once you are on the boat put it back onto rest.

When you are ready to get off the boat, put it onto ferry mode again, and drive off the boat. Finish your 11 hour break and then select start country as the country you are now in, and away you go.

Now i spoke to vosa about doing the movements if you dont have the duty time to do it i.e if you have worked a 15 hour day then you cannot have an 11 hour break but they told me that it was still ok, but i always try and make sure i never do more than 13 hours so i can still have and 11 hour break.

Hope this helps

The ferry mode is in the menu, under “Vehicle entries”.