Felixstowe jobs

Hi all anyone wanting container work in felixstowe just been on maritime website they are wanting 10 class 1 drivers. just thought i would let u know.

I reckon there could be a glut of freight in the run up to Christmas not getting moved because the network is so run down. Most hauliers won’t expand in the run up as they know there will be no work after December again.

it did say they had won a new contract but how long it last i dont know but anyone desperate it would see them have a better christmas. I think maritime was one off the worst hit wasn’t they for the larger fleets i mean?

we were not hit by the recession that bad. no job losses, no trucks stood up, not much lost work and we even just had a payrise. think 4 places were filled saturday morning so they might all be gone by now.

steve o:
we were not hit by the recession that bad. no job losses, no trucks stood up, not much lost work and we even just had a payrise. think 4 places were filled saturday morning so they might all be gone by now.

it really makes you wonder why they are setting drivers on when they have/are just making redundancies from Bristol depot

they have set some drivers on in Southampton recently too :confused:

well bristol is out on a limb a bit and the lack of work down there cant really be compensated by another dock as nowhere is really close. its a shame as its my favorite depot!!

steve o:
well bristol is out on a limb a bit and the lack of work down there cant really be compensated by another dock as nowhere is really close. its a shame as its my favorite depot!!

it was mine too, the depot manager there was very helpful, nothing was too much trouble, whereas most other depots, they are just a bunch of ignorant… the auto censor won’t like it :confused: