Containers Southampton Quiet

Is it just DHL thats quiet or are all the others quiet to■■?
I’m on standby again next week so have phoned a couple of companies in Southampton to be told they have waiting lists or are not in need of drivers.

The agencies seem to be the same :cry:

Nevermind onwards and upwards.

no container work is quite alround i work from fxt and thins are dead for the time of year languard dock is nearly empty but also end of tax year april for a lot of importers and exporters

It’s the financial year thing TNT has dropped off too wich as far as I’m concerned is good becaause I’m cream crackered but I hope it picks up for you lads soon.

maritime are advertising for 25 drivers in southampton. check the echo for the advert. they have new tractors too. any problems with contact details, let me know and i will find their number for you

HD are quiet to, but they are ringing subbys and asking if they can put more trucks on, don’t know whether they are covering themselves for the WTD or they have new work in the pipeline.

scanny77:
maritime are advertising for 25 drivers in southampton. check the echo for the advert. they have new tractors too. any problems with contact details, let me know and i will find their number for you

Cheers mate but I phoned them in the week and they now have a waiting list of drivers.
I was told to call back later next week :open_mouth: ■■

i heard they cant get drivers. you could always try best connection mate. i know they have container work up for grabs

Another thing worth remembering about waiting lists, as my dad always tells me, is that for example, if a company has 100 drivers on its waiting list, by the time they get round to calling them, 90 will have jobs elsewhere anyhow. So a seemingly large waiting list might leave you thinking you have no chance of getting a job at the company, only for them to phone you a short time later as if by magic.

:open_mouth: Avoid Maritime at Totton, If I were you, right chancers. I heard they can’t get enough subbies, due to very bad reputation. :unamused: :wink:

DAFMAD:
:shock: Avoid Maritime at Totton, If I were you, right chancers. I heard they can’t get enough subbies, due to very bad reputation. :unamused: :wink:

Might have to disagree with you there DafMad, I have done quite alot for them on Agency and have always found them to be one of the better companies to work for. But I suppose everybody has different expierences with the same company. The have decent kit as well :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

flub007:
Is it just DHL thats quiet or are all the others quiet to■■?
I’m on standby again next week so have phoned a couple of companies in Southampton to be told they have waiting lists or are not in need of drivers.

The agencies seem to be the same :cry:

Nevermind onwards and upwards.

Yes, the job is deathly quiet from the shipping lines’ persepctive, and has been for about 5/6 weeks now. Chinese New Year seems to go on longer every year! I know that various hauliers in Southampton have had lots of motors standing on some days.