Fed up of people getting into wrong lanes on purpose!

What is it with people who think it is clever to get into the wrong lane to overtake or undertake you mostly on roundabouts :imp: and i have noticed they is a lot of lorry drivers getting into this bad habit and its very annoying :smiling_imp:

Try not to let it bother you.

Saaamon:

it dont bother me if they want to endanger there own lives thats there tuf â– â– â– â–  :confused: But if they try and endanger my life then that is also there tuf â– â– â– â–  when it go wrong :unamused:

Mrknowitall:

Saaamon:

it dont bother me if they want to endanger there own lives thats there tuf [zb] :confused: But if they try and endanger my life then that is also there tuf [zb] when it go wrong :unamused:

I agree the standard of driving by a lot of so called professionals is appalling.

Sometimes the sign posts or marks on approach to a roundabout are not early enough…if you don’t know the road you can’t get into the correct lane without adequate notice.

A lot of junctions and roundabouts are badly marked anyway until you get to the last 300 yards :unamused: I personally can’t remember every road I have been on before because I don’t have a regular route it is sometimes difficult.

Dave the Renegade:

Mrknowitall:

Saaamon:

it dont bother me if they want to endanger there own lives thats there tuf [zb] :confused: But if they try and endanger my life then that is also there tuf [zb] when it go wrong :unamused:

I agree the standard of driving by a lot of so called professionals is appalling.

we all make accidental mistakes but its the obvious on purpose mistakes that â– â– â– â–  me off :confused:

dri-diddly-iver:
Sometimes the sign posts or marks on approach to a roundabout are not early enough…if you don’t know the road you can’t get into the correct lane without adequate notice.

A lot of junctions and roundabouts are badly marked anyway until you get to the last 300 yards :unamused: I personally can’t remember every road I have been on before because I don’t have a regular route it is sometimes difficult.

i agree and you are right what you say we have all been there and that would be a genuine mistake :wink: you know the type of driver i am talking about :confused: The ones that try and race you to get in front of you by foul means :imp:

I used to get this happening all the time on the A303/A360 Longbarow roundabout at Stonehenge, cars taking a last ditch lunge to get up the inside of you :unamused: Then one day i had this idea that if put on my right hand indicator as i came to the roundabout the cars would think im turning right, back off and stay behind.
Been working a treat so far :stuck_out_tongue:

If they do it clean and it doesn’t effect you in any way, what’s the problem? I do it myself in the car. I do stress that it needs to be clean and not 5cm from your nearside wheel but that’s a seperate issue. I find most people leave plenty of room, good luck to 'em, i’d rather not have them stuck up my rear bumper anyway.

dri-diddly-iver:

I agree

Grayham:
I used to get this happening all the time on the A303/A360 Longbarow roundabout at Stonehenge, cars taking a last ditch lunge to get up the inside of you :unamused: Then one day i had this idea that if put on my right hand indicator as i came to the roundabout the cars would think im turning right, back off and stay behind.
Been working a treat so far :stuck_out_tongue:

going to have to try that one always a pain there :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I had an artic the other day came racing up the n/s in the left hand lane over the hatch marks to join the A14 from felixstowe docks :confused: I was in my car in the correct lane there was a car in front of me and an artic at the top of the slip road going very slow :confused: As the top of the slip rd narrows i was forced onto the outside lane as i had nowhere else to go :imp: i would have liked to have dragged the â– â– â– â–  out of his cab and punched his lights out :smiling_imp: bloody renault magnum drivers :imp:

Punch someones lights out for being in the wrong lane :open_mouth: Stress, blood pressure = heart attacks - learn to chill fella :wink:

I just ignore them and imagine they aint there , when it gets to the crunch factor they normally try and

make eye contact and see me looking the other way and they bottle it , so I carry on regardless on my

way just living my life … although one day I expect to hear a almighty bang .

Gates:

dri-diddly-iver:

I agree

Also a lot of people are unaware that the direction sign on approach to a roundabout shows a diagram of the layout including the major & minor road exits.

Express Pete:
Punch someones lights out for being in the wrong lane :open_mouth: Stress, blood pressure = heart attacks - learn to chill fella :wink:

Yeah, but sometimes, these muppets might be endangering your life, or someone elses, if there’s nowhere to go, because of their stupidity.

If I get a wrong lane, I’ll usually proceed with indicator on very slowly so the people next to me can get out of the way and the people behind can make room safely, if they choose not to though, then I’ll encourage them.

Express Pete:

I agree however easier said than done. Women drivers keep cutting into my stopping distance and breaking heavily im gonna be having a heartattack soon. :cry:

theres a roundabout on the A49 on the way from oswestry to shrewsbury, it clearly has a arrow pointing right in the right hand lane but you have numpties using that lane to go straight on even though it is only one lane after the roundabout :unamused: good fun though when you manage to spoil someones shortcut by beating them around the roundabout :laughing:

Express Pete:

its not the fact they made a mistake :confused: Its the fact the idiot was trying to kill me :imp:

Mrknowitall:
I had an artic the other day came racing up the n/s in the left hand lane over the hatch marks to join the A14 from felixstowe docks :confused: I was in my car in the correct lane there was a car in front of me and an artic at the top of the slip road going very slow :confused: As the top of the slip rd narrows i was forced onto the outside lane as i had nowhere else to go :imp: i would have liked to have dragged the [zb] out of his cab and punched his lights out :smiling_imp: bloody renault magnum drivers :imp:

See, that is where we differ, you are in a car and you are willing to put yourself at risk with an artic because of a principle, life’s too short, or at least yours will be :stuck_out_tongue:

It is much less stressful to think, oh, he is going to run out of room there, if I let him in, I can soon overtake him safely, without dragging, turning round or punching anyone.

tombstone.jpg