Famous People or B list celebs

I read Pat Haslers post about Larry Grayson and his Cortina and wondered how many people have met or had dealings with Famous People.

When I was a kid my parents had a pub on the main road to Hull and we use to get some celebs in for a drink.

Charlie Williams said to me, “EEE Lad! when we tek ower you’ll be fost in pot wi carrots an onions”

Status Quo were regular visitors and The Bee Gees before they were (famous)?

Post your imaginary famous friends here!

Sad I know

Heading north up the M1 back to Leicester early one morning and the traffic came to a stand still when along side the truck in the middle lane pulled a purple (yes purple) Rolls Royce. The back window rolled down and it was Rod Stewart :slight_smile: we had a quick 5 minute conversation about the traffic and off he went. I think thats the only famous person I ever meet.

Bully

My last job in the UK was driving show equipment etc around Europe, I also pulled a mobile radio station to various sites. i can’t begin to tell you the people i have worked with, but the more sociable ones I usualy had a drink with after shows. The Spice Girls were the first to share a drink with me at the ‘Ally Pally’, I spent a day in Walsal at a car show with Tina Hobley (she was very nice and friendly … my favurite partner on these shows was not a celeb but a celebs wife, Wayne Dobson’s wife (now ex-wife) Karen did about 5 shows at various times with me, she was a great friend and I loved her Merc with the plate 'TRIK 3".
Living in the Silverstone area meant I would often walk into the pub and sit alongside someone from F1 racing, Eddie Jordan was a regular and a great guy, I met that pig Schummi in the bar one night and didn’t like him then either.
On odd visits to BBC house I met countess celebs.

worked at st james park for 5yrs, looking after the players & managers of both home and away teames also the refs, 2yrs looking after alan sherear & rob lee’s box. met a lot of people there also robson green, ant & dec, nick brown, tony blair, tim healy & denise welch

my son has had several kisses from linda luciddi

used to be an agency driver for ryder system care delivering catalogue furniture. got to deliver to rab c nesbitt’s house ( gregor fisher ) gazza’s and walter smith’s house as well. when i was a kid i was sent to the chapel every sunday used to sit at the back and next to me was jimmy johnston ( wee jinky), bobby lennox, billy mcneil, harry hood all time great celtic players( lisbon lions.) and the most famous manager here in scotland the late great jock stein. had a delivery for fish of marillion, whilst there marty pellow was there. so there you go my claim to fame. :wink:

I swear I’m a direct decendant of Forest Gump I have met loads of famous people and it’s been pure coincidence’
Loads of international horse riders but then I did work on the show trailers for one of britians biggest saddlerys and I now shift the horses of the rich and shameless (I have played football with Geoff Billington, an international showjumper) so we are not impressed. I also lived and worked at Southcoast world, Butlins for nearly a year so I met a lot of celebs there. I have had dinner with Princess Anne and on another occasion Claudia Shiffer. (spelling?) But my favourites were meeting Dirk Benedict (Face in the A-Team) and my ultimate hero Dwight Shultz (Murdock in the A-Team!) mmmmmm :wink: Yes I know it’s sad and cheesy, but since I got rid of my hubby I needed a bit of sad and cheesy to compensate. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I teach mentally handicapped peolpe to sail, for a charity called Special Olympics. Last year was the Special Olympic world Games out in Ireland

I was out there as a Unified athlete, and me and my sailing partner were interviewed by Damon Hill which was aired on BBC Grandstand Just before the Ladies Wimbledon Final…
So, can I be a B-List Celeb■■?.. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

At the same Games, also met Andrea Corr (and wow, she was Corrrr!!) and had a 15 minute chat with Jon Bon Jovi. Richie Sambora was there with his wife Heather Locklear, but they walked off. It was only Jon that came back for a chat… :wink: