Claim to fame ?

Just read a really good thread on another site with members “Claims to fame” - brilliant !!

With so many members here, there must be some real classics :wink:

Mine:
Know an author & film maker in Luton, bloke called Neil Hobbs aka Coffeeholic :sunglasses:

Otther than that - nothing that springs to mind :unamused: :sunglasses:

you mean you dont know noddy and big ears :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

My dad brought over a sofa to that Ricky fella from eastenders a few years ago.

My daughter used to date Robbie Williams who lived a few doors away

I drove Percy Sugden (Former ‘Coronation Street’ character)
Wife home as we where doing work on her car also met a
pop star from the 80’s through work but cannot remember
is name.

Post moved for review.

In my life before driving when I worked in the licensed trade and did a spell in the West End of London I have served meals and/or drinks to, among others: Leonard Rossiter, Mollie Sugden, Tommy Steele, Paul Daniels and Debbie Mcgee, Dusty Springfield, and a load of others I have forgotten. Peter Bowles (used to be in that ‘comedy’ To the Manor Born) was a regular at another pub I worked in in Barnes, south west London. Just round the corner from the pub I managed in West London was a recording studio and the guy who ran it was good friends with Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt from Status Quo and they were regular customers.

I also once refused to take a cheque from a fairly well known ‘rock star,’ who shall remain nameless, because he didn’t have his cheque card with him and I didn’t recognise him. :blush: :blush: The amount was for less than a fiver, it was company policy not to accept cheques without a card, and maybe his signature on the cheque would have been worth more than the amount if only we had had ebay in those days. :wink:

I got a peck on the cheek, from Sally Traffic :smiley: .

This was as I mugged her :open_mouth: for her autograph, on the JfD petition, at the Scottish Truckfest a couple of weeks ago.
:sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have served Kathy Staff (Nora Batty) and her husband with their lunch and I have also spoken to Princess Anne.

pam

i used to sell paul shane a news paper when i worked in a paper shop

The girlfriend of Leeds United player Alan Smith - Gemma - used to be my ex and lived round the corner from me when I lived in Roundhay in Leeds :exclamation: .

Being a chubby child as well as a chubby bloke now :stuck_out_tongue:

Charle Williams said to me,

“ee lad, when we tek ower, thou’ll be first in pot wi carrots and onions”

I had autographs of all the major pop stars and comedians of the day, Ken Dodd, Charlie Drake,

Most of these performers came into my Dads pub on there way to either Cottingham or Hull

We also use to feed all the rugby and football teams travelling past, Hull KR, Hull FC and Hull City with pie peas and gravy

I delivered to Gregor fisher’s house ( Rabc nesbitt)
Also Fish ( the singer) think he was from Marillion.

Also Elaine c Smith,bumped in to her at ASDA Hamilton.

Umpteen photo’s taken with Football player’s.

Put a marquee up at Pat Sharp’s house.
He used to present a 90’s childrens show called Fun House on the BBC if you havent heard of him. Think he also done radio work.

MY wife’s step father was at school with Prince Charles & did some private tutoring for his younger brother.
I use to work for a small Charity & we had support from Richard Baker (News reader & Proms presenter,) Jane Asher & others I can’t remember, but we got to meet them all.
At an HIV hospice I got to meet all sorts of celebrities, (HIV is celebrity chic it seems,) including several of the stars of Prisoner Cell Block H & Sue Pollard, who I have to say is one of the nicest most genuine people I have ever had the pleasure to meet.
I don’t care what any one else thinks, she really was everything she is on TV plus.
I also had to move my truck to let Martin Brundle get out of the family garage.

delivered to linford chrissties house along with moving the personal effects of certain lords and laidies and a few pop stars to

Was it Richard Baker who liked a drink :question:

If not its not Libel or Slander,

If its true, than good luck to him :smiley:

I met Roger Lloyd Pack,aka Trigger,from Fools and Horses,at Gravesend last year.

I’ve also met the following ex world rally drivers from the 80’s and 90’s through my background in motorsport,when I used to go rallying/officiating.

Colin McRae
Jimmy McRae
Russel Brookes
Ari Vatanen (We are not worthy. :sunglasses: )
Juha Kankkunen
Markku Alen
Roger Clark (Deceased)
Carlos Sainz
Malcolm Wilson (Current Ford team boss)

Ken.

Simon Cowell of X factor fame’s cousin is a Tnet member and Jammymutt’s brother is on TV. :sunglasses:

Oh and of course we have Coffeeholic! :wink:

Tony Christies aunty and uncle live next door to my mum and dad. Not that he ever visits them now he is famous again!