Claim to fame ?

When I was taxi driving back home in Bury St Eds, I got the job of picking up Max Wall at his Hotel and taking him to the Theatre Royal every night for a week, I thought he’d be a right laugh, no such luck, he was a miserable Git!

I’ve met alot of other famous people most of them when I was in the music business, too many to list without coming across as a ‘name dropper’

as i worked in the catering trade for some 25 yrs ( for my sins) met and served a lot of people

mainly working at st james park ( newcastle udt ) where i looked after the team managers room both dreesing rooms players lounge and refs room for 4 yrs then spent 2 yrs working in alan sheerars & rob lee’s box

but also worked at the mayfair night club which hosted bands met a lot there my ex was a rodie for some bands and i did help on occocions

I went to school with Marti Pellow in Clydebank and Duncan Bannatyne of Dragons Lair , Mind your Business and Mind of a Millionare is my big brother.

The guy who plays Eric Pollard uses the same NHS dentist as me and i have served The woman who plays Edna Birch both out of Emmerdale.

I used to deliver newspapers to the Black Panther AKA Donald Neilson :blush: :blush:

jammymutt:
Duncan Bannatyne of Dragons Lair , Mind your Business and Mind of a Millionare is my big brother.

whoa a minute driver! so he is actually your brother - slipped that in a bit casually didn’t you? my piffling claims to “fame” aren’t even worth writing now!

:laughing: :laughing:

Of course its worth writing them its not my fault hes related !!!..

Met minnie and mickey at disney world in florida.
If that counts

Well, I don’t know if this counts,but I’ve had a BANZAI ride 'round Brands with Tiff Needell, AWESOME! Peter Buckley Hill has done a sesh at my tent last Cambs Folk Fest. Steeleye Span have got rat bottied with me in '79. I’ve pulled Steve Parrish out’ve the kitty litter at Donington. Had a hug off Michelle Mouton at Goodwood (down boy!). Helped Stephan Grapelli out of his 'van and onto the stage at Cambs Folk Fest. Then got totally zappoed with Lindisfarne. And so it goes on. Having a Dragon helps! See yez at the CFF next year.

BTW, zap on over to bbc.co.uk/radio/events/cambridge2005 to see what I mean. K T Tunstall doing “■■■■■■■■■ Horse And The Cherry Tree” is superb! I was atbthe back of the crowd… couldn’t get any closer!