famous

Hi all has anyone ever come across any famous people/celebs on there travels.I was speaking to afew mates about this and they were telling me some stories.One mate work for sky and fitted paul scholes and alan shearer,s sky i think he told me alan shearer lived in a place called darius hall.Another mates a joiner he fitted anew kitchen at kate garraways house in kent.

Has anyone on here been to a famous person,s house or ever delivered anything to a celeb,or even know where a certain celeb lives,or maybe live near or on the same street has one.

I have :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:
…Noel Fielding off of the Mighty Boosh, at Sourton service station Devon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It is me…honest,you can see the Reddaways truck in the background :sunglasses:

The bloke off GMTV dont no his name but stood behind him in th Q at beconfield services 3 weeks ago. The wife told me he lives in beconsfield :laughing:

Bit of name dropping I suppose, but I took communion at Sandringham church with Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson just after they got engaged. I’m not usually moving in such circles.

Where do i start lol…when i was on the parcels i used to deliver to Ronnie o Sullivan Trever Brooking Neil Ruddock Suzi Quattro and Rod Stewart then when i started on the lorries delivered kitchen parts to the bloke who used to own Friends reunited who lived opposite Gary Rhodes who was a miserable git so i deliberately drove on his lawn. :laughing: :laughing:…I was on GMTV last year with Eamonn holmes and Ruth Langford trying a truckers breakfast got to meet Ruth Jones(i think??)and Jason Donovan

back in the early to mid 90s I did several exhibition tours for Cessna and Gulfstream aircraft.
They were trying to sell business and private jets. We went all over Europe and Scandinavia.
Met the following… Niki Lauda …very nice bloke bought beers!
Chris deBurgh… pleasent enough but a bit up himself
Silvio Berlusconi… typical Italian thought he was Gods gift…backfired on him a bit now
Aga Kahn …really nice bloke bought wine
Snr Benetton …of Benetton clothing

just missed Nelson Mandela (by a day) and John Travolta (saw his plane take off though.

Sorry about the namedropping but you did ask !

i bought a stamp, and it had a picture of the queens head on it.
i licked the back of her head.

beat that.

deano32:
i think he told me alan shearer lived in a place called darius hall…

I think you’ll find that’s DARRAS HALL, which is near Newcastle airport Dean.

It’s where all the rich and famous of the North East live, including forum member Zebedee. :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

i was in a chip shop n “thes a guy works down the chip shop who swears he’s ELVIS” :wink: :wink: :wink: pmsl

used to go to school with kevin Mckidd… train spotting and main character in journey man plus loads more
barged past Ewen Mcgregor wen visiting someone in hospital he was stood in doorway getting a photo shoot n had to barge by to get in,he looked at me as if to say dont you reckonise me im famous :stuck_out_tongue: yeah and :unamused:

One of my drops John Rothbothem(spelling?) ex spl referee is a van sales driver. Kinda of famous :laughing:

Shook hands with Geoff Hurst - he opened a local sports shop . . circa 1971 - does that count :confused:
Also, Bruce Foxton ■■■■■■■ me with his bass guitar when it kicked off during a Jam gig, Brunel rooms- bout 79 ish :laughing: :laughing:

so far in my short and lonely career as a truck diver i have met

gary wilmott (kids tv presenter and now a big west end name) what a thoroughly nice bloke, always time to sit and chat, offering numerous times to move the wagons but havent seen him do it yet

tommy steele (i wont put what i think about him on here as libel is such a hard case to defend) put it this way he wont be getting any xmas cards from me and if he was on fire and i was busting for a pee i still wouldnt!

emma barton (honey in east enders) what a lovely person, always asking if were being looked after.

and hoping to add to this list gemma atkinson,linda bellingham and letitia dean over the next few weeks

i once interviewed tim healy(aka dennis from auf wiedershen pet) in his own house for a project i was doing at school,albiet i was 11,and not driving trucks.does this count??.

I moved Jonny Herbert (F1 driver) down to Monte Carlo, have met Cherie Lungie (Kenco advert several years ago). I also moved someone into the house next door to Cliff Richard in Little Venice, London. We were waiting for the keys to go through and he invited us to have a coffee in his garden. What a genuinely nice bloke!!

buck rogers:
i once interviewed tim healy(aka dennis from auf wiedershen pet) in his own house for a project i was doing at school,albiet i was 11,and not driving trucks.does this count??.

Mine counted :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: …i think :neutral_face: but then again i was on my travels in a truck :wink:

I spoke to Chris Evans when he walked past whilst I was waiting to tip in London near Tower Bridge a few years back. That was in his Big Brekky Years.

Have delivered to, met and stood in the houses of Angelina Jolie and The Osbournes

nickyboy:
Have delivered to, met and stood in the houses of Angelina Jolie and The Osbournes

Thats probably the best so far :sunglasses: Hmmmm…Angelina Jolie… :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :wink:

nickyboy:

I didn’t know she lived with the Osbournes. :open_mouth: Maybe she’s staying in Jacks old room. :smiley:
“Sharon what’s this woman doing here with all these noisy [zb] kids [zb] everywhere.”

Have delivered sofas to both Helen Mirren and Robert Smith from the Cure,and no,I wasn’t working for DFS :smiley: