famous

Amanda Meiling is my neighbour (Connie in Holby City or Casualty) and I play rugby with her husband, she is really nice and makes me feel very tall… her husband is a hard ■■■■■■■ and makes me feel very small…

In my occassional capacity of Rolls Royce chauffeur (mostly in the 90’s) i have collected from their respective homes & driven:

Helen Worth. Gail McIntyre from Coronation St. A very well spoken lady. Real name: Cathryn Helen Wigglesworth

Roy Barraclough. aka Alec Gilroy from Corrie. Down to earth, good tipper. :slight_smile:

Also drove Penny Junor. (“Wish you were here” travel show). A bit stuck up.

In my younger days when i used to frequent Blackpool night clubs I have chatted with:

The now late Les Dawson.

Johnny Briggs (Mike Baldwin)

Linda Lusardi… and very nice she was too. :smiley:

Ian Tough of the Krankies. (Not in Blackpool, but near. Janette was being a bit krankie & walked off :wink: )

Trucking connections? I have had sat next to me, unit only, for just a few miles, the multi-millionnaire owner (until very recently) of netflights.com.

merc0447:
One of my drops John Rothbothem(spelling?) ex spl referee is a van sales driver. Kinda of famous :laughing:

Would that have been into Wilson’s, Mitchelston ind est :question:

pete-b:

merc0447:
One of my drops John Rothbothem(spelling?) ex spl referee is a van sales driver. Kinda of famous :laughing:

Would that have been into Wilson’s, Mitchelston ind est :question:

yes, i suppose im sharing my famous person with you then :laughing:

i used to live in a flat rented to me by alan smith ( ex arsenal players wife) don’t know her name but i bet it wasn’t alan. and also was looking down and to the right at cheryl cole’s legs just up from high holborn in the summer. t’was a sweaty moment :smiley:
oh and nearley forgot to say i nearley got out the motor when some chelsea mug dont know his name but i seen the lying gits face on sky sports news. left his audi in the middle of the road for a while but then decdided to move it after a while. i know i could of had him in a fight because them football players all go down like a cheap ■■■■■ :smiley:

wheres the tours guys, theyll have huge lists.

at one festival in germany int he summer while working i met

Katy perry (nice rear end)
Lily allen :shes tin
Paulo nutini : ripped the absolte {zb} of him from being from glasgow…then got it back for being a fifer…lol nice guy though
Less than jake : sat next to me when i was in catering at breakfast and me bign dosile never noticed who it was until somebody pointed out that it was then…even though they were on webcam to me in scotland lol.

other folk ive met are

lee evans
Jimmy Carr
Tim healy (his son was visiting the uni i was studying at, hes a midget)
(p)rick yemm…but who hasnt met him lol.

Bricktrotter and Mr Vain (well they are near enough famous)

Before I was famous, Charlie Williams told me that when we take over, thou’ll be first in t’pot wiv carrots an onions :stuck_out_tongue:

Seen Frank Bruno often enough driving down A13, few years ago now.

I used to stand in a bank queue with that miserable git off Eastenders who has a cafe, Ian Beale or summat, he lives in Southam Warwickshire.

Delivered a new car to that Sonia bird of Eastenders when she was doing Driving School.

Grumbleweeds, Les Dawson and Tommy Cooper all called in my dads pub and there were trucks in the car park.

And loads of BSB lads while driving a race transporter :stuck_out_tongue:

Ive delivered a kitchen to Ronnie Corbetts house, tripped over after bumping into Geoff Capes at truckfest many years ago
and had a drink in the Clachaig Inn in Glencoe with Robbie Coltrane and a few other famous folk when they was filming Harry Potter , up there a few years back I had a delivery of paint for the set builders

I dunno if this counts as meeting, but I’d finished loading fruit and veg at the old garden in the 70’s when I chucked a rope over. It was one of them miserable days, grey and wet. When I walked round the other side, there’s Roger Moore disentangling his self and his luvverly wife from this greasy old rope. He was a real gentleman about it, but he wasn’t too pleased.

About 10 years ago i delivered a freezer to Stuart Cable, Kerrang radio dj, but back then he was the Stereophonics drummer. A top bloke who had- a) a lovely house, b) a lovely car and c) a 'kin fit bird!

saw Nicky Piper once on the A40 just outside ross on wye having a ■■■■■ in one of the lay bys :laughing:

Henrik Larsson, Big John Hartson and Martin O,Neil…Picked them Up in the taxi and took them to Paradise (Parkhead) … :sunglasses: Few years Back…

Alos Had Alex Mcleish, he was the Rangers Manager at the time and Walter Smith the current Scumbags Manager… :smiley:

Had Leon Jackson Winner of the X Factor in my cab just a few weeks ago…

and the best for last…

SUBO… Susan Boyle…i have had this lady a good few times in my cab Before andd after she was famous… she stays just along the road a couple of miles and she phoned a our Taxi firm on a good few occassions…

she is a very nice lady but she is a fruitcake … :smiley: :smiley: … but in a good way…

hi,i once met george roper,(of the comedians tv show) in toddington services,he told us jokes for over an hour.also met mike read in bobs cafe on the a45,top bloke. another claim to fame is being a mate of that very OLD motorcycle racer and tv presenter kieth huwen :unamused:

muckles:

nickyboy:
Have delivered to, met and stood in the houses of Angelina Jolie and The Osbournes

I didn’t know she lived with the Osbournes. :open_mouth: Maybe she’s staying in Jacks old room. :smiley:
“Sharon what’s this woman doing here with all these noisy [zb] kids [zb] everywhere.”

Funnily enough they only lived about 5 miles apart, Angelina only lived in hers when filming in the UK as it was a couple of miles from Pinewood Studios, The Osbournes still own theirs

gogzy:
wheres the tours guys, theyll have huge lists.

I’ve got a bit of a list from motor racing.
You get to see most of the drivers and top knobs from F1, but I only see them from a distance so I don’t reckon that counts.
And also the same goes with the hangers on round F1, also I don’t really follow celeb culture, so I don’t know who most of these people are when other people are telling thats so and so :confused: I just look blank and go “who that then?” :smiley:

Those who I’ve met and can remember are:
Timo Glock (he raced for our team before going to F1, one of the most genuine guys you’ll ever met and still comes round to see us all)
Lewis Hamilton (Raced in GP2 and used to see him round the paddock and had the odd chat with him)
Heikki Kovalainen (also raced GP2, nice guy and better driver than his F1 results seem to show)
Nelson Piquet Snr (seems alright) Jnr (If you can’t say something nice don’t say anything so I won’t :laughing: )
Keke Rosberg (down to earth, doesn’t do him justice. )
Juno Trulli (seems genuine enough, he often has dinner in our hospitality tent, I think he like to get away from the F1 corporate stuff as one or 2 of the other driver do. in our paddock they don’t get mobbed. Juno will even queue up for dinner with the rest of us.)
Rubens Barrichello (nearly ran him over with my pit lane buggy,)
Jackie Stewart (nearly knocked him over twice in the pit lane when I’m trying to get to the grid and he was dwardling about )
Bernie Ecclestone (Well you don’t really see him, you see a gaggle of sycophants trying to get his attention and in the middle of it all is the little man with an Andy Warhol haircut)
Frank Williams (Our area in the pit lane is outside the Williams garage, he often comes round to watch our Pit stops. he also gets his team to bring us Ice creams and cold drinks, :laughing: )
Tiff Needel (He used to race in a classic series on the Touring Car Circuit, and they’d be based next to us. always seemed to be the loudest voice around)
Vicky Bulter-Henderson ( she used to do the telly commentry for the Touring Car Circuit, so she’d always be wandering round the paddock.)
Noel Edmunds (I think he had something do to with a junior driver we were running in Formula Ford, so he turned up in the awning at a race meeting)
Martin Brundel (as well as commentry he used to do a bit of driver management, and was working with a driver we were testing.)
Mark Blundell (Worked with Martin Brundle on the driver management side)

I saw Joe Calzaghe in his Audi R8 yesterday, sweeeet motor !!

jool:
‘… Helen Mirren …’

Her dad was my dad’s driving examiner in nineteen-fifty blah…

deano32:
Hi all has anyone ever come across any famous people/celebs on there travels.I was speaking to afew mates about this and they were telling me some stories.One mate work for sky and fitted paul scholes and alan shearer,s sky i think he told me alan shearer lived in a place called darius hall.Another mates a joiner he fitted anew kitchen at kate garraways house in kent.

Has anyone on here been to a famous person,s house or ever delivered anything to a celeb,or even know where a certain celeb lives,or maybe live near or on the same street has one.

In my now far off recovery driving days, I recovered an Olympic Gold Medalist to-be, she’d just wrote off her Granny’s Fiesta on the S/B M11 and I got to take her and the said car back to Southampton. I can’t remember her surname, but she was called Sarah and went on with her two teammates (both called Sarah too!!) to win Gold Medals for sailing Yingling class sail boats :smiley:

I’ve delivered to Daimon Hill ,James herbert and yesterday James bolam whos wife made me a lovely much needed cup of tea! :smiley:

about 4 years ago i interveiewed Kathy Chiavola
for my hospital radio show