Fair Fuel UK

Going to be a debate in parliament on the 15th about the rip off price we are suffering, if there are no mp’s there then nowt will happen, if you guys could please click the link and follow it through to send a email to your local mp (takes a minute to do)

Cheers

action.fairfueluk.com/debateNov15

Just sent the email. I’m not sure how useful it’ll be. Mind you we did have a referendum on proportional representation. Mainly because whichever way it went would not have reduced the number of self serving knobs in the government and civil service. Here’s hoping something constructive comes from this.

They’ll knock a bit of tax off now so they can pop it back on in January and make out they’re doing us a favour.

Jeez! I need a lie down.

Alcpone:
Going to be a debate in parliament on the 15th about the rip off price we are suffering, if there are no mp’s there then nowt will happen, if you guys could please click the link and follow it through to send a email to your local mp (takes a minute to do)

Cheers

action.fairfueluk.com/debateNov15

I have also done this but nothing will happen. When Cammy and his oppo Ossy last did the budget they taxed the oil companies with a windfall tax and said that they would keep an eye on the oil companies to make sure that they did not pass on this tax to customers, well they did and when the price of oil tumbled not long back did the price of fuel reduce also?

Oil companies are private companies, if the government taxes them they WILL pass it on regardless, lets face it they have more money than most governments and are more powerful too.

If governments take them on they lose, and we still pay, the days of sensible fuel prices are long gone, the only rip off is the tax and the vat on the tax from the government.

Email sent…

sent and reposted to my face book page.

E-mail sent

E-mail sent but as usual it will be disregarded by our local MuPpet

I had already sent mine and got a response from my MP whjo will be attending and supporting the campaign.
BUT, if tax and vat on fuel is reduced what will it be put onto instead? Because you can be certain that it will be.

I’ve sent it, but as my local MP is the Minister for Transport I doubt he will give a toss.
He couldn’t give a toss when the DVLA didn’t get me my Digi-Tacho card back within the legally allotted time so why should he care about fuel prices.

As i live in a new house where the post code is new, it won’t work for me. I will place it onto my facebook page though

Thanks for the replies, we never know something may come from it, the simple fact the government has taken in about a billion less in revenue since the price rocketed should show them that if they cut the tax they will get more money in?? Or am I missing something? Im glad I have a 50+ mpg car with £30 a year road tax. I know haulage firms have escalators for fuel prices, but if it gets to the point that customers cant afford to transport goods then firms will go under. My boss has bought another 10ish units to add to the fleet in the last couple months and are always busy is a good sign for myself though.

Email sent. :smiley:

Well beggar me, got a reply!

Thank you for your recent email, concerning the petition by FairFuelUK on the Government ePetitions website.

This is just a short note to tell you that I have now written on your behalf to Chloe Smith MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury. I will be sure to inform you of the reply I receive in due course.

I hope that this is helpful.

Yours sincerely

Norman Baker MP

Scarab:
Well beggar me, got a reply!

Thank you for your recent email, concerning the petition by FairFuelUK on the Government ePetitions website.

This is just a short note to tell you that I have now written on your behalf to Chloe Smith MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury. I will be sure to inform you of the reply I receive in due course.

I hope that this is helpful.

Yours sincerely

Norman Baker MP

Bugger me backwards :open_mouth:

got a reply bck from dr coffey today saying going to be there as well…signed by secretary by looks of the signature…but better than nothing i suppose…

Got my reply from my MP saying that he is not supporting this and went into explicit detail why not.
Unfortunately he does not know the job that I do and has omitted some truths…so sent a reply. Result is a personal meeting with him to discuss these issues. Not in time for the debate but it may sway his mind or indeed mine!

Will keep you informed of any developments.

Rat