Failed...

Yep, failed my first class 2 test this morning :cry: . Stupid mistakes too which makes it worse. First I made a complete mess of the gear change exercise. Then chose the wrong lane for a turn, and finally I missed the exit on a large roundabout and made a mess of it going round again. Obviously I got a serious for the gear change, then a serious each for road markings and awareness/planning. I only got 7 minors though and the examiner did say it was a good drive apart from the stupidness. I put the silly mistakes down to nerves as I was a wreck before the test, but I now know thereā€™s nothing to be that nervous about. Bit late now though eh. Thereā€™s a re-test form in front of me. Got to decide whether or not to go for it nowā€¦ :cry:

Hi mate sorry to hear that. If I where you Iā€™d get it filled in and get it done lad. Otherwise you will forever regret not doing it. Just think how close you are to getting it. I have worked with some lads who failed both class 2 and class 1 3 times and they didnā€™t give up. You will be down and feel disheartened mate but pick yourself up and get on with it. Donā€™t look back til youve done it. Chin up :slight_smile:

I failed my class one a few weeks ago now and almost cried but I thought sod this Iā€™m gonna do it. Guess what I did it and it felt great. I know how you feel but get it done! :wink: You sound like you know your mistakes so learn from them. At least you have the experience of the test situation now.

Good luck next time :wink:

Nige

hi mate sorry to here you failed if its any consilation i failed my class1 3 times but iā€™m stubborn and didnt care if it took me 8 times although money was starting to get tight. If itā€™s something you really want, get straight back in! I failed my gear change exercise 2 twice kept putting to much pressure on the gear shifter thus putting it through into the reverse gate, but a little help from a different instructor soughted it, just got to sought out these 4 over 4 gears now :laughing:

Do It, you didnt fail you just got closer to getting it :wink:
At least next time you wont make the same mistake again.
I failed my Class 2 first time round, was devastated, 2nd time I was more relaxed and got the job done.

Since then I have failed my Class 1 twice, and I am determined to get it next time round, just gotta find the cash as it has dried up somewhat lately :cry:

failed my ā€œCā€ first time too, passed secondā€¦

been all over liverpool today with my shiny licence visiting agencies!!!

None of you have failed; you have just discovered saveral way how not to pass.
Youā€™ll do better next time. Never ever give up on anything you want to do. Where thereā€™s a will thereā€™s a way.

As the other poster said. Learn from what you did wrong and youā€™ll be fine. Each time you try, youā€™ll get better.

Best of luck.

sck:
Yep, failed my first class 2 test this morning :cry: . Stupid mistakes too which makes it worse. First I made a complete mess of the gear change exercise. Then chose the wrong lane for a turn, and finally I missed the exit on a large roundabout and made a mess of it going round again. Obviously I got a serious for the gear change, then a serious each for road markings and awareness/planning. I only got 7 minors though and the examiner did say it was a good drive apart from the stupidness. I put the silly mistakes down to nerves as I was a wreck before the test, but I now know thereā€™s nothing to be that nervous about. Bit late now though eh. Thereā€™s a re-test form in front of me. Got to decide whether or not to go for it nowā€¦ :cry:

Keep going sck !!!
I`d never driven anything bigger than my car before and failed my class 2 twice but was determined to do itā€¦3rd time passed with 1 minor. Felt really really good.
Am in the process of sorting out my course for Class 1, will probably fail that but keep at it until i pass again. If you really want it, stick at it.

:frowning: you must feel p***ed off but fill it out an do it you will feel fantastic when its done, an that gear excercise agghhh so simple but easy to mess up, i couldnt do it till the morning of the test !!! :laughing: then did it, it kinda just clicked, i was feelin down the other day on a class1 assesment drive, i shunted 3 times but got it on the dock an wouldnt of hit a truck either side if they was there, but he said he felt i needed to have some reversing excercise and told me to ring this bloke he knows it was Ā£35 per hour!!! i thought well the dsa man knew i was ok on the day so i was thinking there may be something dodgy, i didnt take up his offer i wont be goin back and i have a start elsewhere, so my advice is stick with it do it again :smiley: