Failed Class one today

Failed my Class one this morning on the reverse :frowning:

I thought I had it and then it all went wrong :cry: :cry:

Got a retest booked for the 7th of March.

Sorry to hear that, better luck next time

Cheers MR1BZ, gonna keep trying, just a bit peed off with myself thats all

:cry: :cry:

Oh Dear! What went wrong there? Will you get some more practice in before the next test?

Bad luck.

Easily done under test conditions though. I had my reversing down fine in the yard, but come the test I nearly blew it through nerves.

I messed up the reverse big time, i wasted my two shunts as well which didnt help and then the nerves got the better of me, Im having a couple of hours before the re-test to practise the reversing.

I just watched a guy screw his reverse up completely this afternoon. He still went out for the rest of the test and only got 7 minors.

It was a retest, he failed the 1st on the reverse. Backed it in OK, got out to check and backed it straight through the barrier.

It’s just test centre nerves, doesn’t help at the start of the test. Better luck next time.

**NEXT TIME =** :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

8wheels:
It was a retest, he failed the 1st on the reverse. Backed it in OK, got out to check and backed it straight through the barrier.
It’s just test centre nerves, doesn’t help at the start of the test.

Good point :exclamation: - what order would be better :question:

Dunno really, but it seems a shame to fail before even leaving the centre.

Having just done it, it’s a relief to get it & the braking exercise out of the way.
With the gear change gone it’s just the downhill and uphill starts to get out of the way and the rest is fairly straightforward.

Just a thought but as the un/couple is a ‘PROCEDURE’, would that be better done first to settle in and maybe get rid of some nerves :bulb: :question:

Yes that would probably be better, it’s a fairly straightforward procedure it would at least get you eased into it.

I’ll put up a training report post later when I can be bothered to finish writing it.

Hi Folks,
I think the reverse is the exercise to start the test :confused: . You need to be in a straight line so you can move upto the cones to start the reverse, if not then your asking for trouble :blush: . If you’ve started the test off with the couple/uncouple then you need to get the vehicle in a position to do the reverse and this could cause some problems. As the reverse is the thing that causes a few problems i think it should be got out of the way first, otherwise it would cause people to worry more whilst out doing the driving side of things?
Regards Smokinbarrels