Anyone on here ever fail their class 2?

Failed mine today, ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■ right off. Started struggling with the gears, when I’d been fine with them all week (aside from the 1st day)
I ran back on a hill start when I had never ever done this in training.
I got pulled up afterwards for not changing down the gears as I come to a stop- I was told by my trainer that I should stop in the gear I am in and put on the handbrake and then change?

My trainer said they had a 89% pass rate, and by the law of averages 1 in 10 people would genrally be morons/incompetent so I must sit in with them… ■■■■■■ right off.

From what I’d read on here the only test that people generallly failed was the class 1. Did anyone on here who is driving fail their class 2?

I just walked to my car and disappeared as soon as it was was finished so I havent rebooked a re-test. I take it I should try and get this as soon as possible before I start forgetting?

BBOY13:
My trainer said they had a 89% pass rate, and by the law of averages 1 in 10 people would genrally be morons/incompetent so I must sit in with them… ■■■■■■ right off.

From what I’d read on here the only test that people generallly failed was the class 1. Did anyone on here who is driving fail their class 2?

Complete rubbish, loads of people fail there class 2. That pass rate sounds like ■■■■■■■■ too. Pick yourself up and get back on with it, good luck for next time.

I ran back on a hill start when I had never ever done this in training.
I got pulled up afterwards for not changing down the gears as I come to a stop- I was told by my trainer that I should stop in the gear I am in and put on the handbrake and then change?

2 errors that came up on test probably due to nerves. So don’t worry about that.

You wont be pulled up for not changing down as you come to a stop - provided you’re not coasting or trying to destroy the diff. There’s a misunderstanding there.

Try again. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Yes - I failed my C twice. First time the (unnamed) trainer probably deserved a share of the blame, second time I deserved all the blame myself - just went to bits on the test. Passed it third try though.
Then passed C+E first try, 4 weeks later, so you never can tell. :slight_smile:

As for an 89% pass rate - sounds like rubbish to me.

We all have set-backs from time to time.
Take it on the chin then get stuck-back-in.

Alan

Quite a few even some on here & yep they have posted about it

The young lad I did my training with failed his Cat C when the instructor though he would pass better than me :unamused: as he didnt make 1 mistake during the training where I had a bad morning he was a lot younger than me & had JCB FLT telly hand experience so just goes to show

Dont worry about it if you are happy with you trainer then book test asap pick yourself up dust down & go for it

If not then go to another provider have an assessment & se how it goes

I failed my CE a while ago now did my Cat C with them they had a good rep was happy bt when it came to the CE had a different instructor & lest just say a personality clash I then visited the other 3 providers in my area & decided who I am going with as soon as fund are available

i failed my class 2 twice and passed third time…i know the gutted feeling its called NERVES ON THE DAY , jump back in mate and hang on in there you will pass , then did my class 1 first time…and now cant get a job because of the 2 year experience crap that all the agencys are saying…tossers, so ive started showing my face round companys handing my cv out…GOOD LUCK WITH IT. :smiley:

dont beat yourself up about it mate, i failed my class 2 and was annoyed about it as well, but the 2nd time round i was more determined than ever and i passed.

keep calm and dont get worked up about anything you failed on and just drive like you know you can in your re-test

goodluck

Don’t worry about failing its down to nerves, get a test booked asap!

If I changed provider then I would have to change the roads I assume where my test takes place- too much additional hazards with that.

I don’t want to blame my trainer either, I have taught people in the past and when they pass they think you are great, when you fail they blame you. That said…he was a crabbit old ■■■■■■■■ who never had anything positive to say to us(it was 2:1) constantly shouting at us, losing patience and asking what the ■■■■ we were playing at, how may times do you need told? etc … when ever we made mistakes. I personally didnt take it to heart as he was about 60, if a younger man had spoke to me that way I’d have given him a warning and then put one on his chin if he did it a second time. The guy I trained with was taking the criticism more too heart and his confidence was affected. Personally I don’t really respond to that type of teaching and would have preffered a trainer who was more supportive and encouraging. But as I say, If I’d passed I’d probably be saying how he was a good guy and a good laugh at times and looking at his moaning and complaining affectionately…

It’s only right to feel angry, upset and frustrated.

I too failed my first Class 2 test, but I guess I can’t really be blamed as it was just an unfortunate case of events where the snow that was on the road had covered what was left of an already very very faint white line and my tyres crossed it.

I see people fail their car test 4 times mate,cat c and c+e are not easy test,you must be mentaly ready for test and much easier to fail than car test,it rubbish if he says pass rate is %89,most people fail first time nearly half I would say.dont worry and get yourself ready for 2nd test.you will do it.

I’m a big believer in if you want something you will do everything you can to achieve it!

Yes it’s disappointing and frustrating but you must pick yourself up and learn from the mistakes you’ve made and believe you can do it next time.

Passing the test is only half the battle… Finding a job can be just as tough!

However when you do pass you can’t beat the feeling.

Good luck… You know you can do it so show the examiner you can :wink:

BBOY13:
If I changed provider then I would have to change the roads I assume where my test takes place- too much additional hazards with that.

I don’t want to blame my trainer either, I have taught people in the past and when they pass they think you are great, when you fail they blame you. That said…he was a crabbit old [zb], who never had anything positive to say to us(it was 2:1) constantly shouting at us, losing patience and asking what the [zb] we were playing at, how may times do you need told? etc … when ever we made mistakes. I personally didnt take it to heart as he was about 60, if a younger man had spoke to me that way I’d have given him a warning and then put one on his chin if he did it a second time. The guy I trained with was taking the criticism more too heart and his confidence was affected. Personally I don’t really respond to that type of teaching and would have preffered a trainer who was more supportive and encouraging. But as I say, If I’d passed I’d probably be saying how he was a good guy and a good laugh at times and looking at his moaning and complaining affectionately…

I doubt any trainee would flourish with such a ■■■■■■■ for an instructor.

I failed my class 2 before even leaving the test center! emergency stop! wheels locked up! even though examiner said i did right thing ! i still had to fail! never mind i booked retest ! and passed 3 days later! so anyone can do simple mistakes and fail! most are nervous no matter what they say!!! go for it ! im sure you will pass next time!

Passed my class 2 a year ago first time but with a few minors :unamused: … ok 14 , one more and it would of been a fail :wink:

There is a list somewhere with test centre pass rate percentages ,im sure you could find out your training co. pass rate if you rang the DSA …

Get a retest booked ,i dont think id be using your trainer personally … i dont respond well to be shouted at etc .

cheers Mike

Hey BBOY13,

I failed mine first time back in 05’ on the gear test putting it into reverse on hill, then pulled away, what a failure! :blush: I look back and laugh at it now, but at the time I felt how you do now. :frowning: So please don’t worry too much, it’s a new day tomorrow!

That failure was completely my fault, if I had of been paying attention I would have heard the reversing beeper… :blush: :unamused:

Don’t be ashamed by it bud, quite a few of us on here have done it as you can see. You will make it, if you get back on the horse ASAP, as you know where you had problems.

I’ll say this, I got back on it, saved up for 6 months, changed trainer and went to a local company in Wales (think it’s rated still on here?!), where my mum was living at the time.

For what it’s worth I found going to a completely different area (I’d never really driven around there in a car even), certainly made you concentrate on your surroundings all week long and I passed with 1 minor to the supposed Chief Examiner of Great Britain at the time, never confirmed that, so i put supposed in too cover my lack of evidence :laughing:

The supposed local who was training with me, was always told he was a lot better than me - 7.5t driver for a local waste firm - (even got told that to my face by the trainer :laughing: ) got a major, two serious and a list of minors - went before me and we had the same examiner!

So goes to show you as animal said the trainers are NOT always right with their predicitions and you do have to take pass rates with a pinch of salt, they are statistics and we all know that famous saying.

Percentages or x out of x means nothing in the real world, we can all manipulate numbers to work out in our favours as some unscrupulous people do in this world unfortunately!

If I can do it, you can do it bud. So save them pennies bud and come and join the club. You’re a member here so your halfway to joining the crazy gang already! :sunglasses:

Stay Safe!

C

Get off your backside and rebook a test many many have failed first time we all make mistakes as the hedge hog said to the hair brush. Get it sorted

failed mine last week, deserved to fail it, crap happens :slight_smile:

iain

BBOY13:

dsbs.co.uk/driving-test-pass-rates

Unless you’re on the Isle of Wight, none of them come close to 89%. Even if you are, your trainer has no right to speak to you like that, telling you you’re an incompetent moron. 60 or not, the prick would’ve known what I thought of him. Especially when you’re paying him a gob of money to train you.
Pick yourself up and book a retest with another company, he sounds like a prize ■■■■.

Dont dwell on it just get that retest booked and nail it next time you made a mistake ■■■■ happens some of the best drivers on here didnt pass first time , I know what you mean about being shouted at it isnt helpful at all and knocks all your confidence and you start to doubt your ability , you know you can drive it just gotta pick ya self up , have a few drinks tonight to drown ya sorrows and then go in on mon and book up the retest go for it YOU CAN DO IT :smiley: :smiley:

jx