Failed my Class 2 today

Had a test at Bredbury at 09.45am this morning.
Was feeling pretty confident about the test.
First off I did the controlled stop, no problem at all. I then went on to do the reverse, which I was a bit worried about, again no problem.
Left the test centre all was going pretty well. Came to a big junction where I was going right, lights were on green so edged into middle, don’t ask me what happened but I found myself sat in the middle of the junction with the lights on red. Obviously I should of gone but my head went & I just sat there :confused:
That threw me then & I thought ‘That’s it, I’ve failed’
I then managed to stall it at lights on a steep hill, which wasn’t to bad cos I went through the correct procedure & restarted the engine & moved away no problem.
But the worst bit of the test was, I was at lights at a tight bend, the lights turned to green & I managed to put the bloody truck in reverse & jump back, causing the artic behind me to sound his horn & the examiner to nearly soil himself! :blush:
Not content with that I then swore, put the truck into the correct gear and moved off without looking & nearly went into the side of a 4x4! :open_mouth:

The test didn’t go well at all & obviously,I didn’t get the result I was hoping for.

8 minors, 3 serious & 1 dangerous.

I think it’s fair to say I’m not really having a good day… :confused:

Hard lines buddy, hope you do better next time, good luck and keep trying.

Sorry to hear that, unfortunately being in the test situation makes the whole thing a lot harder (as you found out) - best of luck next time !!

G

Markymark:
I managed to put the bloody truck in reverse & jump back, causing the artic behind me to sound his horn & the examiner to nearly soil himself! :blush:

Were we out together today?? Maybe it was just coincidence. :confused:

Markymark:
8 minors, 3 serious & 1 dangerous.

Ahh, can’t have been you Mark, the one I was thinking about had 23 Driving Faults, 5 Serious and 1 ETA Verbal!!!

There are some shocking ‘mickey mouse’, money grabbing, supposed driving schools out there. All I can say is good luck to you for the next time.

To everyone else looking to do their vocational licence training, choose carefully; price alone is not the only important criteria; being on the DSA register is a good place to start.

It’s crap innit, you do one thing wrong and then it goes all downhil so fast you can’t keep up with it. If at first and al that. One of my tests started like that when I got back he said if you had driven the first half like the second you would have passed. Its still a miserable feeling.

Right, markymark I know how crap ur feeling :frowning: BUT you know what you did wrong, and there’s nothing there that you can’t put right next time :slight_smile: , the drive sounded like a good un ( I had 15 minors & 3 serious on my 1st test ) but as I know full well once you’ve lost ur head, it all goes pearshaped :blush:

Put straight back in for the re-test, and pester your training school to get an early date as possible!!

YOU WILL PASS

Wills is right Markymark, put it down to nerves, get your confidence back and have another go.

but I’m pleased to see that you believe in doing things in style, no point just scrapping a fail and thinking the Examiner was a bit unfair. If you’re going to Fail, Fail Big time, then go back and pass in style :wink: :wink:

Sorry to hear that Markymark and
good luck with the retest

I know it seems hard now, but try to think possitive for the next test…

If you do make a small mistake try not to dwell on it, the examiners expect a few nerves.

Have a search through the forum if you have anything that you struggle on, i used to struggle with the gears (trying to hard to get them in) but i asked for help on the forum, and the advice i got helped me through my test. :smiley:

Good Luck with the next one mate,

Bad Luck Marky mark,but we all are affected with nerves,I failed my first car test,9am Monday morning and a bad tempered Examiner,I think I’d failed before I got in the car.Good luck with your retest.
regards derek

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
They’ve really cheered me up.
Gonna get on the phone & book a retest later on in the week :wink:

Markymark:
Gonna get on the phone & book a retest later on in the week :wink:

That’s the spirit! Get it done quick before you forget what you’ve learnt! :wink:

I did exactly the same sort of thing on my test. Missed a gear on a main crossroads - something I’d not done on any of my lessons.

go for it!
I remember on my test, the examiner kept making “notes” on his clipboard, anyway, I was getting a bit peed off with this, … so, I was heading down into Bev, towards this r/about and I just drove how I wanted to.

Long story short, I passed and he had been trying to put me off with his “notes” and my driving had “improved” from the point I decided to drive how I wanted

Hard luck mate, stick at it and it will come.

Hey, manager. On my “ahem” 3 class 1 tests the first two the clipboard was always there in the corner of my eye. Test 3 the guy just left it on the dash and only picked it up when I fluffed. So my motivation was to make sure he did not reach for it too often and it worked. :smiley:

Ignore the examiner when he is using his clip-board; it doesn’t mean that he is marking you down, just marking off the exercises/elements that you have completed i.e. Position - normal stops (x 3), etc etc.

Having said that - if it looks like there’s smoke coming from his pen tip, prepare for some bad news. :cry:

I had the test from hell for my artic the tester and my self didnt get on no ones fault jsut a personality clash.
here is australia our full artic licence involves non syncro gear box ( 18 speed road ranger in my case). so I did some dirty shifts and few small things and got 78%.( need 80% to pass) nothing dagerous. went back the next day and the owner of the school took me he was worried I hadn’t been trained properly. after a 15 min drive he goes hmm I’m glad I brought the test paper with me.lets go to the start point. I got 93% alot calmer and more comfortable.

re the parking here in OZ its off set parking. well I had never driven a vehicle with a trailer b4 I took lessons, so I was worried. it was 50/50 if I would pass or not. got it first go :smiley: ( parking is a separate part of the test).
btw tis was 3 weeks ago

the moral is go back if you know your stuff you will be a lot calmer and should be fine if not have a few lessons to sharpen things up.
good luck
meggala

I did my test in a 500hp kenworth t604