Class 2 fail :( - NOW PASSED

Failed my Class 2 driving test yesterday on the very last turn heading back to the test centre!!! Absolutely gutted but booked in for a retest and a few hours extra training on 4th January.

Gutted for you mate, if any consolation though, I failed my first test too on class 2, but it helped on my next test as I knew what to expect. Crazy coz that’s what you were practising for but it didn’t help.
I’ve just done my class 1 after not touching a wagon since passing my class 2 6 years ago. I was convinced I’d fail again, especially given that my first truck conked out the day before my scheduled test, so that was cancelled. Two weeks later, new truck, 1 day at the wheel, and I just needed to settle into the fact that I could do this. Doesn’t matter what the truck is, what the conditions are or who the examiner is, I could do this, I am a bloody good driver, and it’s in my blood - and I also believed my Dad was in the cab with me changing lights and clearing roundabouts [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a shame. What did you do wrong on the last corner?
Good luck for next time.

gutted for you! I just failed mine a few hours ago with only 10 mins left to do, messed up lane discipline on a 2 lane roundabout I’ve driven perfectly dozens of times before.
Good luck for the next 1!

Midnight_Mover:
Gutted for you mate, if any consolation though, I failed my first test too on class 2, but it helped on my next test as I knew what to expect. Crazy coz that’s what you were practising for but it didn’t help.
I’ve just done my class 1 after not touching a wagon since passing my class 2 6 years ago. I was convinced I’d fail again, especially given that my first truck conked out the day before my scheduled test, so that was cancelled. Two weeks later, new truck, 1 day at the wheel, and I just needed to settle into the fact that I could do this. Doesn’t matter what the truck is, what the conditions are or who the examiner is, I could do this, I am a bloody good driver, and it’s in my blood - and I also believed my Dad was in the cab with me changing lights and clearing roundabouts [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Appreciate that story mate, thanks. I certainly won’t be making the same mistake again. Just a shame I can’t get back out there sooner!

stu675:
Good luck for next time.

I was sat waiting to make a right hand turn with oncoming traffic and queuing traffic on the left side lane. Spotted a gap, did my turn but didn’t do a left mirror check and he said it was a serious fault as there was a bus that I hadn’t noticed on the left side.

Andy gd:
gutted for you! I just failed mine a few hours ago with only 10 mins left to do, messed up lane discipline on a 2 lane roundabout I’ve driven perfectly dozens of times before.
Good luck for the next 1!

Get booked in again and don’t give up. I’ve had loads of comments from people saying failing will actually help, as annoying and frustrating as it was to fail in the first place

Delighted to say I passed 2nd time round this afternoon.
So relieved as I thought I’d messed up on a roundabout but in the end I got 2 minors for that and one more.
A word too for my training school, Ben Shaws in Burnley. Brilliant and thoroughly recommend them if anyone is in that area.

Dolphin85:
I passed 2nd time round

PASSING C.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Nice one! Well done!

Dolphin85:

Midnight_Mover:

Appreciate that story mate, thanks. I certainly won’t be making the same mistake again. Just a shame I can’t get back out there sooner!

You’ll get there mate - and just to reassure you, I’ve had 4 job offers so far!! And finally settled on one I’ve been hoping for, for years.

Dolphin85:

stu675:
Good luck for next time.

I was sat waiting to make a right hand turn with oncoming traffic and queuing traffic on the left side lane. Spotted a gap, did my turn but didn’t do a left mirror check and he said it was a serious fault as there was a bus that I hadn’t noticed on the left side.

You’re in the right lane to turn right and there is a Bus in the left lane, can anybody explain why that is a problem (assuming you don’t have to move out left to turn right) ?

David DeHavilland:

Dolphin85:

stu675:
Good luck for next time.

You’re in the right lane to turn right and there is a Bus in the left lane, can anybody explain why that is a problem (assuming you don’t have to move out left to turn right) ?

Tail-swing.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Tail-swing.

Thanks ! So if you spot the Bus (in your mirror) then do you just wait?

You make a judgement based on what you can see in your mirror. Maybe you’ll wait, maybe there’s enough room to allow you to turn right as normal, maybe you’ll just have to modify your line slightly to make enough room. The key being that if you don’t look in that mirror you’ll not know. Hence the fail for not looking.

Roymondo:
You make a judgement based on what you can see in your mirror. Maybe you’ll wait, maybe there’s enough room to allow you to turn right as normal, maybe you’ll just have to modify your line slightly to make enough room. The key being that if you don’t look in that mirror you’ll not know. Hence the fail for not looking.

Thank you!