Failed again

Failed my Class 1 for the second time,
Not happy at all.

Serious - For holding back letting the car’s coming the other way have the road, After failing my 1st on the opposite what do you expect me to do?

Serious - Taking a 90 degree left too wide, thus someone could have come up my inside.
This I did not agree with, I followed the line I had been shown 3 times by my instructor (there are 2 markers on walls opposite you use) and I felt I got the corner spot on.

Gonna leave it now until after Xmas, It’s left a big void in my wallet and I fell after a few months I may be able to start a fresh and not be worried about the previous 2.

chin up mate , it will come to you and then you will wonder what the hassle was about. good luck for after christmas

:cry: :cry: :cry:
if you only got these “seriouses” and I assume, a few minors?, then dont feel too bad B1 GGK as it sounds like you did very well on the road drive - you obviously have no probs with the reverse etc so next time just a little more of what they want will see you through.

ROG:
:cry: :cry: :cry:
if you only got these “seriouses” and I assume, a few minors?, then dont feel too bad B1 GGK as it sounds like you did very well on the road drive - you obviously have no probs with the reverse etc so next time just a little more of what they want will see you through.

The manouvres are a doddle to me,
Had 5 then 6 minors respectivly so not as if I have totted up,
I just feel very very hard done to, especially this time around as I didnt want a repeat of the last test.

At £256 a go its not something I take lightly.

you’ll get there lad it took me a few goes to get through ( i did mine at bredbury ) same guy everytime cnt remember his name the chap with the tash and the hat and glasses oh by the way how much hiab experience have you got ■■?

Bad luck…

Don’t beat yourself up about it, put it down to experience and do it again, you’ll get it eventually, not everyone passes first time, or second or third. Remember, its not a contest, you just need to pass, as you will actually learn how to drive correctly when you get your first job…

Chin up, and do it again ASAP, the longer you leave it the more stressed out you’ll become.

:sunglasses:

Bad day for us both B1GGK. I to failed with a serious on my reverse and 3 minors. Not givin up yet though and i hope you dont to, good luck for the next one.

gonzothejaffa1:
how much hiab experience have you got ■■?

Not done my HIAB, I went for a job where they would have put me through, I have thought about doing to to have it there just incase, And maybe even moreso now.

Bad luck , and expensive bad luck …

Years ago I scraped through my Class 2 by the skin of my teeth :laughing:

My Class 1 I was really panicking about it , I didn’t have any spare money for a re-test so it was all or nothing , passed it first go with 2 minors , I was really concentrating though and thinking I was going to fail .
If I was you I would try and get some re-test money sorted out , if you leave it then you will have to pay for more lessons and it will end up being more expensive .

Bad luck fella, I would have to agree that you are best going for re-test as soon as possible if you can offord it think it worthwhile.

Just a few tips, don’t use marker points for judging your lines for left turn, use your natural ability and the mirrors, any more than 3 foot gap between trailer wheels and the kerb at the closest point (as the trailer cuts in on the corner) is too much. Its hard to describe, but basically the examiner doesn’t want see you leave enough room for a car to pass up your inside at the tightest point of the corner. If you are taking the test on a Drawbar vehicle the examiner will expect you to swing out far less than required for an artic.

Making progress past parked cars is even more difficult to explain but frankly if you passed the LGV C (class 2) test this should not be a problem. But anyway, take up position early - don’t hug the kerb - keep yourself near the white centre line as you approach the parked vehicles/obstructions. Remember your MSM early enough, don’t leave your signal late. Taking this position often perswades other road user to let you through - dead easy. But you must not be approaching too fast or in the examiners opinion you will look to be driving to aggressively, without care and may cause on coming vehicles to stop. Slow down on approach - how much depends on the road and how far you can see ahead - is there a left hand bend with poor vision of what might be coming around the corner? Remember to signal, keep out to the middle slightly - STOP if you have to because Mrs Smith in her X5 is late to get to Tesco but if that nice van driver holds back then get yourself going. So, take the position but be prepared to STOP if there isn’t enough room or time (don’t stop too close because it harder to get past the obstruction in front). If you cause someone to brake because you pull out in front of them that won’t impress the examiner nor will it impress if you seem unable to make good progress. Just remember each examiner has 4 tests a day to do and may have done the job 20 years - they like drivers that get on with the job.

One of the hardest things to teach is overtaking stationary vehicles in busy town centres, there is lot to calculate in a short space of time. Is there anything coming the opposite way? What speed is it doing? How big is the Gap? How many parked vehicles do I have to get past? Have I got time? Its really difficult at first.

Hope I’ve not been trying to teach granny to ■■■■ eggs, just my view, hope you pass soon.

keep at it mate, i failed both c amd c+e first go i was lucky as firm i was working for paid for me to resit c+e 2 wees after failing, i hope you manage to get the money together to resit it as soon as possible as leaving it till after christmas might prove more expensive. good luck in whatever you decide mate…pete