Excuse Me Sir.

At Warwick services on the M40 (I think it was Warwick). Just popped in for a wee and a cup of coffe and some bird accosts me as I walk throught the door. So I say “No thanks.” When I twig they’re trying to get you to sign up for a credit card.

10 mins later (wearing the same clothes I might add) I head back to my cab. Same one trys it again.

“Excuse me sir.”

My reply. “Look, I told you the last time, I’m not interested.”

“Don’t be so grumpy, it’s nearly Christmas.”

“I was perfectly happy until someone I didn’t want to approach me tried to sell me something I didn’t want in the first place, and you’ve tried it on twice. Now [zb] Christmas .”
:unamused: .

It really tees me off when they try to flog me something whithout me asking them for it, then getting all stroppy about my attitude when they do. I think I’ll just tell 'em to foxtrot oscar next time, saves an awful lot of messing about . :unamused: :smiling_imp: . I wonder what the services get out of this. Is it me, or have I only noticed 'em at Moto MSA’s?

You want to try having your 45 at lymm truckstop lib theres about 5 of them who work the park in shifts :imp: :imp: luckily for me they know who i am now and dontpester me anymore but for the 1st 3 months of going there it was everyday until i told one of them to [zb] off and let her dippy mates know as well now when they see me they just wave and walk on by :sunglasses:

simon

Just say ‘Cool, I haven’t had a credit card since the bankruptcy last year’ and watch them backtrack then. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s worked for me every time.

they don’t bother me as much as the guys at South Mimms msa who try and flog their fake jewellery. do they really think we will tell them how much cash we have? then they show you some nice watches which look remarkably similiar to the £5 examples found on market stalls. a bargain at £50 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

scanny77:
they don’t bother me as much as the guys at South Mimms msa who try and flog their fake jewellery. do they really think we will tell them how much cash we have? then they show you some nice watches which look remarkably similiar to the £5 examples found on market stalls. a bargain at £50 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I wondered why the MSA’s had started selling cheap watches. It’s just clicked.

Liberace:
Just popped in for a wee and a cup of coffe and some bird accosts me as I walk throught the door.

Good Gracious :exclamation: Libbo’s copped again :sunglasses:

So I say “No thanks.”

You said what :question: :exclamation: :open_mouth:

There was another date going there Libbo mate and you blew it :exclamation: :slight_smile:

Coffeeholic:
Just say ‘Cool, I haven’t had a credit card since the bankruptcy last year’ and watch them backtrack then. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It’s worked for me every time.

The perfect answer :laughing:

Telling time share sales you have a string of CCJ’s has a similar reaction :laughing:

They are usually quite pretty young ladies trying to get you to sign up for the cards so i will give them my time, let them do the sales talk have a bit of an ogle :wink:;), then say i can find a better deal elsewhere.

Avoid speaking to a pretty young lady not me!!!.

Yeah Jammy, but she isn’t interested in you, no matter what umpression she gives, she wants the sale :slight_smile:
My Mate will come over from the UK and sit talking to an attractive barmaid or waitress, then tell me she fancies him :laughing: , I tell him she just wants a big tip, and she couldn’t give a damm about him :laughing:

I had a similar encounter with the RAC man at one of the M6 services, he pestered me and pestered, saying he can do me the best deal ever! I’m not interested, I said, but he carried on, so…

Ok, I thought, so I gave him all my details, address etc, until it came to vehicle details-

RAC - What’s the make of your vehicle Sir?

Me - Mercedes.

RAC - and the model Sir?

Me - 2540

RAC - Is that in the C class Sir?

Me - No

RAC - E class then?

Me - No, Actros class

RAC - Never heard of that one, new is it?

Me - No, it’s the 44ton truck out there

RAC - We don’t cover them Sir

Me - I know, that’s why I’m not interested :smiling_imp:

At this point, I walked off, after wasting 15 mins of his time, to the sound of Mr RAC ripping up various forms

Boy I felt good, he didn’t speak to me on the way out :smiley:

John

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yes we all get peed off when people try and sell you something you dont want…another really annoying habit is the telephone callers…being at home all day i get quite a few…apparently they get the phone numbers from the electoral register…and who gives them that right to invade my privacy…and ive tried everything to get rid of them..now i say hold on a minute.and go and put the kettle on..that costs them money..or i ask them if theyre selling something..then tell them where to get off..in a very rude way..nothing like the truth is there ?..what do you lot think about the cold callers..or even the shop workers who wont leave you alone...can i help you sir`…really gets on my ■■■■…i normally tell them that if i needed help i would ask for it…dipstick…
have a nice day

I recieved a call from an Indian 3 nights consecutive saying I’d won a free mobile phone and loads of accessories from T Mobile :laughing:

The 3rd night I decided enough was enough and told him to send it to me, he then said that it would cost £14.99 so after playing hell because he’s told me its free I say, Okay I’ll give you my credit card details (Knowing fine well it’s a Direct Debit for each month that they want) I then say send me the phone so I can put my Orange network Simcard into it. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Suddenly he gets all airiated because your not allowed to do that, so I’m arguing back that this Phone is my property as I won it :sunglasses:

so he then goes onto say that he cannot take a credit card as it’s £14.99 for 12 months, now I start ranting on about how this free mobile is going to cost me £179.88 to which he replies, but you have to sign up to T Mobile because they are not going to give you a phone free for nothing are they?

I then went on to argue that HE called Me and told me that I had Won this phone, so trying to get himself out of the hole he was digging, he says, But if you won a car, you would not expect to have the petrol free for life would you?

I simply replied, If I won a car it would never move off the Drive so would not need petrol :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: But you would’nt need the car on the drive if you did’nt intend driving it would you, came the reply, so I then said, but my neighbours would be envious because I had a new car on my drive as none of my neighbours can afford a car and anyway, I cant Drive :smiling_imp:

I managed to keep him on the phone for 15 minutes, the wife was litterally [zb] herself laughing at the conversation she could hear, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It backfired on me though :blush: :blush: :blush:

Every flamin week I get calls from T Mobile and now get the feeling it’s my number they use to train the new recruits how to handle difficult customers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: so if it’s a with held number or lines across the screen I dont answer it now :wink: :wink:

I found that registering with the Telephone Preference Service has stopped almost all the cold calls I got. When one occasionally gets through, I ask them “If you’re a reputable company, why don’t you use the TPS’s list to screen out people who don’t want to be cold called?”. I then ask not to be called again, tell them that I have logged their call, and if they call me again I will report them to BT’s nuisance callers dept. for harassment.

I take no prisoners :slight_smile:

A good line we used to use at uni for Jehovah’s Witnesses was “Hang on a minute, the sacrificial chicken’s bleeding on the carpet…” :laughing:

I had some similar type of crack down at Biscester with two birds selling stuff one time,

I aint interested ta say I,
Oh, just fill the forms in and help us out, we get paid,
so, I say, have I got to have an address?
Err yess, they say,
well, I live in the truck me old cocker, I say.
Oh, you live in it all the time? they chime,
yepp, all the time, its my home.
Loads of sympathy ect and Im on me way, it was good for a chuckle anyway, just the looks on their faces :laughing:

Like Mr Fibble says register with these people Telephone Preference Service and you wont get the crank calls also if you get a lot of junk mail register with these people MPS Online

I NEVER get phone calls asking me to buy stuff and i get very little junk mail.

Yup, Jammymutt is spot-on. Register with them and it will take about 3 months to take effect because most of the mail shots etc. are booked in advance. We did it when we lived in the U.K. and even the postie noticed the difference!

Merry Xmas to everyone.

Yes, we registered with TPS. Its only the very rare one that calls us now. My wife (being the one at home ) tells them that they are making an illegal call because we are registered, can she have their details please so that she can report them. The phone is put down again in very short order :laughing: :laughing: .

We solved the phone call problem by going ex-directory. Trouble is now nobody phones us at all. Mind that’s not so bad maybe I should get rid of the phone

the girls at the msa’s are easy to get rid off, i just go in to kin fast french with them and they dont know what to do or what to say.
go and have me jimmy then say “see ya love” on the way out, and just watch their faces as they realise they have been had :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
works every time :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
chris