Excuse Me Sir.

i do the same thing caveman. “excuse me sir, could i have a minute of your time” “enschuldigen, ich bin deutsch, ich kanst nicht english sprechen” "oh sorry sir!! works every time, even though my german is terrible!

works everytime, unless you get one that can speak the language then if you are bluffing you get caught out :unamused: :unamused:
i dont have that problem cause i just show them my french carte de sejour with my address on it being in france they just applogise and leave me be, then try and grab some other unfourtunate :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
chris

i justtell em im not intrested :smiling_imp: and they leave me alone must be something in my tone? :open_mouth: :imp: :open_mouth:

I just blank them. Completely, totally ignore them. No smart answer, nothing.

Of course, they get the hump (especially if it’s “bad week”) but by then I’m half-way across the lorry park.

Vince

Liberace:
some bird

Surely you mean “a woman”■■?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

im sure i just have one of those faces that has mug writtern all over it :blush: :blush: :blush:
so i always get trapped by the credit card girlys, but the french thing defo works.
chris

Just don’t try Gaelic, as most of the female insurance sellers are Irish, and they’d probably answer you back.

Vince:

Liberace:
some bird

Surely you mean “a woman”■■?

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Vince

Nope, this one was definatley of the “some bird” veraity :laughing: .

have you noticed that they are allways one extreem or the other, young very attractive women or old munters looking for the sympathy angle :laughing: :laughing:
chris

As an aside, one got me at the same services this afternoon, so I just replied “Vas is das?” “Nein, danke.” Not another word had to be said :laughing: . Did get some German driver try to welcome me with open arms because he thought I was German. Well, my accent must have been okay anyway :unamused: :laughing: .

yep the foreign language thing can have its drawbacks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
but it worked all the same :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
see i told ya :wink:
chris