EXCEL Logistics. Any good or what?

Hello. Ive got an opportunity to do a spot of work for excel logistics quite soon . Class 2 work at £8 hr flat rate. ie no ot rate apparently. :cry:

Ive been told that its 4 days on 4 days off which is new to me. If i understand correctly this means working more weekends than id be having off but with longer breaks in between wihich kind of compensates.

Anyway, crux of the matter, does anybody have any comments on Excel that theyd like to share.
The job im currently on is reasonably easy work but v v v bad pay :frowning:

Thanks.

paulwall:
Anyway, crux of the matter, does anybody have any comments on Excel that theyd like to share.

I have. Lots of them but they’d get zb’d out and I’d get banned for posting them I’m afraid.

Exel logistics will have several client companies that they work for. Who is the client? Where is the depot?

Without this it doesn’t make much sense because I work for Exel at a client who pays less than another Exel run site.

Yes i love the people who will slag of exel and wincanton etc because of one bad experience, but remember they have so many contracts and each one site is run differently to any other, with the excpetion of the obvious health and safety rules.
Ive worked for both, wincanton on the woolworths contract and now exel on the sanisburys contract, and to be honest, ive enjoyed both.
There are alot worse people to work for mate than exel, you could go and work for jo bloggs general haulage and kiss goodbye to the kind of perks that exel can offer you.
My advice is go for it !!

i worked for exel for 5 years and enjoyed it.

the fact of the matter is that with a firm as big as exel and wincanton etc, it is the people in the work place ie) transport managers, office staff and other drivers that help make the job a good one.
a bad manager can ruin a perfectly decent job.
one thing about the big firms though is that they will not ask you to run bent and they pay well enough.
but at the end of the day with driving jobs you either love it or hate it. only you will know the answer to that one.
good luck :wink:

Having had experience of Exel myself,I can say the pay is usually good,the promotion prospects the same,and the kit is usually first class and well maintained.

I only left because of the travelling involved,but can’t complain at the money I earned.

But as previously said,it would be interesting to know which contract you are going for.If you don’t wish to advertise it,PM me.

Ken.

I worked for Exel for 7 years in total. 4 1/2 with BRS Taskforce then 2 1/2 directly for Exel on the BSD (now Corus) contract, out of Bellshill.
I got made redundant after some rationalization. (They were hauling loads of plate up to Bellshill from Scunny, we held it till needed at Komatsu Birtley. When needed it was a right mixture of sizes to suit the production line. Two full weight loads a day though).

They were a good company to work for, untill the [zb’s laid me off].

as quinny and the others say it all depends on what contract and where abouts in the country you are.
£8 ph on class 2 works not a bad screw no matter where you are,give it a go you got nothing to lose , add to that your present job doesn’t pay that well as you say.

i worked for them for tradeteam (bass brewery) and it was a v easy job.and more risk assesments then you can shake a stick at :wink:

jon