Exel?/New job

i am moving to B&Q at Worksop which is run by Exel i just wondered if anyone can give me the lowdown on Exel, what they are like etc etc?.

i bet your glad thats all sorted out now its been up in the air for months now.

You bet i am :slight_smile: i will be partaking in a few Stella Artois on Saturday to celebrate, I am moving house too which is a nightmare.

I have worked for Exel in the past,and I personally found them alright to work for.I only left because of the travelling involved,otherwise I’d still be there.

Their kit is usually top notch for servicing,so no worries there then.

Money is usually good,and above average compared to others.

Promotion prospects,if your that way inclined,are quite good as well,and you can go far with them.

Obviously,having no expeience of your particulay contract at B&Q,I can’t speak for them,but they also have a job at Bawtry,on the toiletries job,the name of which escapes me,and I know of one or two lads that have transferred there due to their home location,and they are still happy.

All in all,from my own personal experience,they’re about the best of the big boys.

Good luck,and let us know how you get on.

Ken.

i work for Exel on the rank hovis contract and they really dont have a clue here but im hoping that this is down to the people here and not a reflection on the entire company. our only ex driver now supervisor is now on the warehouse side so the current blokes have never turned a wheel. i wouldnt trust the manager to look after a box of pencils. like i said, i am hoping that this is confined to this site and not common practice throughout Exel themselves
the pay here is now £22,600 monday - friday average 10 hours a day. no nights out (this is going to be available though when the subbies are gone) and they will be after a good class 1 driver at the end of january :laughing:

I work for exel . As said above the kit is good and our manager is a sound reasonable bloke, some of the supervisor’'s can tend to take the mick and ask you to do some unreasonable stuff toward’s the end of your shift , i tend to turn them down on there offer :laughing: . The planning can be dubious so don’t be afraid to question it if it’s ridiculous . Stuff tend’s to get taken off you and passed down the line if the planner’s have decided to whip you like a ■■■■■ . :laughing:
Money is good , no problem’s with them so far .

Quinny:
on the toiletries job,the name of which escapes me,and I know of one or two lads that have transferred there due to their home location,and they are still happy.

Good luck,and let us know how you get on.

Ken.

cheers ken youve just reminded me of exel at tickhill many a day spent there while on containers. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: