Hermes hub Nuneaton

Hi all does anyone no much about this company, ie wat the job entails, hours, pay etc. I came across it by mistake on a job search on the net… Thanks johny

II was made redundant when this depot opened, it’s what used to be Parcelnet.
A decent compny, decent tackle etc. Straight as far as law concerend, no fiddling at all.
But as far as I know Nuneaton is operated by all agency staff.
I did hear that if you are contracted to a 44 hour week and do not work enough hours through the week then you are expected to work on the weekend at standard rates untill you have made up the minmum week, don’t KNOW if this is true.
I would imagine most of the work will be night trunking to other depots, no unloading etc just trailer swaps.
At a guess pay will be around 8.50 /9.00 days and nights will be plus 33% IF you work for Hermes, no idea what the agency rates will be.
I did 18 years there and there was not a big turnover of staff so you can draw your own conclusions from that, but I stress that AGENCY will be different.
The manager there is one that i know from Bradford and he is a decent enough bloke, a bit keen but fair.
One downside is that the company as a whole is a bit fond of discipinaries if you do something wrong or don’t work by their rules.
hope this helps and good luck if you go for it, I am a bit surprised that they are advertising to be honest.

Thanks del much apprciated

the agency is Igloo from Leicester
work is mostly lates and nights
according to a mate money for old rope

When it was Parcelnet, I did a spot at Bradford on the agency. Like has been said, easy enough, and good equipment and the guys in the office were fairly wasy going, and left you to get on with it.

Ken.

not certain that agency is still Igloo, I did get told that they had a fall out but don’t know for sure if it is true.

I worked there for 12 months during their transition. It is pretty much as others have said, easy work, trailer swaps etc. They are very easy going there and the guys who were running the transport side at the time would work with you rather than against you.

I was in there for Ranstad, but they were being kicked out and were replaced by Igloo. I didn’t want to work for Igloo and so I moved on.