European Refferendum

Apparently we may be given a vote in 2017 on wether we remain or leave the EEC

I would vote to leave for no other reason than i would like to give all those politicians who have systematically given away our rights a bloody nose. Enough is enough , i want my future to be in our hands not with some bloke in Brussels who doesnt give a flying **** about us.

It’ll never happen because of the fear that we’ll vote to leave. Can you imagine the pressure all those pigs with their snouts in the trough in Brussels will bring to bear on Britains politicians to ensure we stay firmly in?

I honestly think that if we opted out it just may bring the whole corrupt deck of cards tumbling down.

Oh, you can guarantee that even by some slim chance we ever did get to vote that if the result wasn’t one they liked, they’d just keep having referendums until they achieved the result they wanted. It’s not like they haven’t got previous in this is it?

It would be commercial suicide to leave the eu now, it would drag us back 20 odd years to where we would be stopping at every border, trade with europe would be hit because the prices would go up etc. The biggest problem great britain has is we dont see ourselves as europeans. Yes brussels hav some daft ideas and laws but lets not forget that the eu is our nearest trading partner and if we pull out then life here could get a bit more expensive.

I know where you’re coming from Scotstrucker and to a certain extent I agree with much of what you say, so how about tackling this from a different angle? How about instead of a simple in/out vote we get a vote to renegotiate our terms and conditions if you like?

Imo we should get back to how the whole EU concept started with free trade, invisible borders and free movement within member states. Each sovereign nation decides it’s own laws, it’s own taxes and it’s own infrastructure.

As an example, farmer Smith travels from Newark to Melton Mowbray cattle market to buy and sell some stock, he travels over two county borders with no hindrance and conducts his business before returning home. Now although he’s traded in a different county that he is resident to and has to abide by any bylaws whilst in Leicestershire, Leics council do not get a say in how much council tax he pays in Notts, they also get no say in what farmer Smith does outside of their county.

Surely that’s what free trade should mean?

Our presence and rights within the EU seemed to start withering away when Maggie (I hated her too) let go of the reins. Sadly, it seems that she had bigger ■■■■■■■■ than any of her male counterparts then and now. Why are we so damned spineless when it comes to holding out for our own best interests? Personal political ambition before national wellbeing is my guess.
As for a referendum, I fear it would be about as transparent and open as a Syrian election.

The Euro union has been hijacked by thos that wish to build a super state.

bazstan009:

Yes your correct there and the problem is that it is now getting to big.

scotstrucker:

bazstan009:

With a massive danger of it collapsing in on itself.

Osbourne is also pushing for a free trade agreement with the US and thus ending democracy as we see it now, this is an interesting read:

mikesivier.wordpress.com/2014/01 … back-door/

Democracy is nothing more than an illusion.
What i mean is what we have does not funtion as a democracy.

scotstrucker:
It would be commercial suicide to leave the eu now, it would drag us back 20 odd years to where we would be stopping at every border, trade with europe would be hit because the prices would go up etc. The biggest problem great britain has is we dont see ourselves as europeans. Yes brussels hav some daft ideas and laws but lets not forget that the eu is our nearest trading partner and if we pull out then life here could get a bit more expensive.

The inconvenient facts for that type of reasoning is that we were in trade surplus with Europe before we joined and trade deficit after,prices and taxes were lower before ‘harmonisation’ and EU ‘contributions’,and the state of the British economy now compared to where it was in 1972.

The only question now is that we’re just as tied to the corrupt global free market economy controlled by China as we are to the EU one controlled by Germany and Farage probably has no intention of sorting out that issue.It’s all about whatever big business wants which is why we got into the set up in the first place.

bazstan009:
Democracy is nothing more than an illusion.
What i mean is what we have does not funtion as a democracy.

Our version of democracy just means a choice of dictatorship every 5 years even then with abstentions not being counted.

scotstrucker:

bollox scaredy cat

scotstrucker:

bazstan009:

Well there’s one way to make it smaller… :wink:

DrivingMissDaisy:

scotstrucker:

bollox scaredy cat

Thanks for that well thought out and constructive challenge to scotruckers post. :confused:

muckles:

DrivingMissDaisy:

scotstrucker:

bollox scaredy cat

Thanks for that well thought out and constructive challenge to scotruckers post. :confused:

And his post is well thought out is it? He says the EU is too big yet we should stay in■■?

2017 ■■? why is it taking so long, how much time do they need to open a few polling booths and print some ‘in or out’ bits of paper ? Maybe some of the recipients of the EU financial fiddle are unhappy about loosing some of their income ■■

The Swiss have just voted to control immigration. The population is 8 million,immigration last year was 80 thousand . The anti immigration party has an agenda.Step 1 is to stop immigration . Step 2 is to kick all immigrants out, step 3 is to stop all pension payments to anyone not living in Swiss. So all the long term immigrant workers will lose their homes and their pensions.

harry:
The Swiss have just voted to control immigration. The population is 8 million,immigration last year was 80 thousand . The anti immigration party has an agenda.Step 1 is to stop immigration . Step 2 is to kick all immigrants out, step 3 is to stop all pension payments to anyone not living in Swiss. So all the long term immigrant workers will lose their homes and their pensions.

Ironically for a country that’s not even supposed to be part of the EU the Swiss seem to be just as tied into the project as we are. :confused: So while the Swiss people are saying one thing their stupid government is doing the opposite in listening to the big business agenda that’s forcing the place into ever closer ties with the EU.To the point where it’s now effectively an EU member state in all but name. :open_mouth: :unamused: