EU Referendem

Who’s for staying in and who’s for the “exit” ? I voted NO in 1975 and am even more determined to vote No this next time! A trading agreement YES but No to a United States of Europe because I believe the Germans and French are determined to relegate us to nothing more than a “offshore banana Republic” eventually.So as far as I’m concerned they can go and ■■■■ themselves! Cheers Bewick.

I voted yes when Ted Heath was PM, and have regretted it ever since, so No for me if we have another referendum.
Cheers Dave.

Come on Dennis give me reasons for me to say no ,how will my business benefit ?

I will drink to both of you on this score, But some changes have to be made to regulate things in a way that is good for us & our country, Regards Larry.

I wasn’t old enough to vote last time but I’ll be voting no
All Adolf Merkel and her French lap dog are doing is what Hitler couldn’t do in WW2 and try and dominate Europe
I’ve visited many European countries and I love all the different cultures and lifestyles
But I don’t want to ruled by unelected politicians

Let’s hope Greece does us a favour we wouldn’t need to be asked. I was only 16 but didn’t we vote for a common market? Not to be ruled I t.o would vote no

Think it should be a no. I live in Spain and although “Europe” has pulled this country out of the dark ages and has made it what it is today, it has been at a very great expense and burden to the UK and other member states.

It’s a classic good idea on paper that doesn’t actually work in practice. We British are different, as is a Greek fisherman compared to a Norwegian / Scottish / wherever fisherman…

However as transport we are all corrupt as each other !!! More so, and sure I’ll get shot down in flames for this, the Germans are the kings of squeezing a bit more from their hauliers. Where I currently work our biggest customer is a large German company based in Ludwigshafen (no names needed) and you wouldn’t believe the tricks they are up to… If that’s the “european” way then I think it’s doomed. Would be easier dealing cars with a cockney old school second hand car dealer !!!

Dan Punchard:

Bearing in mind that the net cost of staying in let alone the issue of national interest/sovereignty is more important than any other possible drawback I’d reverse the question in asking for a reason to stay in and in what way do you think that the economy would be any worse out than in.Being that the ‘business case’ for staying in at best is nothing more than appeasement of EU Federal government economic blackmail.In which case the Germans know that they stand to lose a lot more in a trade war with us than we do if push comes to shove.

Deep joy CF has found this thread

Dan Punchard:

We are an island Dan ! how much of your traffic is to and from mainland Europe ? Plus IMHO everything should cross both the Irish and North sea in sealed ISO boxes which in its-self would be extremely beneficial as there would be no mad paddy outfits or French/Dutch eastern european left hookers on our road system for a start !! Vote UKIP !! Cheers Dennis.

Carryfast:

Dan Punchard:

Bearing in mind that the net cost of staying in let alone the issue of national interest/sovereignty is more important than any other possible drawback I’d reverse the question in asking for a reason to stay in and in what way do you think that the economy would be any worse out than in.Being that the ‘business case’ for staying in at best is nothing more than appeasement of EU Federal government economic blackmail.In which case the Germans know that they stand to lose a lot more in a trade war with us than we do if push comes to shove.

Are we actually "singing off the same page " “CF” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush: :wink: Bewick.

Bewick:

Carryfast:

Dan Punchard:

Are we actually "singing off the same page " “CF” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :blush: :blush: :wink: Bewick.

On the basis that I’m singing from Shores book and you from Heath’s according to your previous posts you tell me. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mr Bewick I am with you get owt now as we do get owt now, fourty years running to all parts of Europe and my boys still at it with fifteen artics, small fry I know compared with some but we have been promised a referendum for far to long and it aint happened yet, lets get on and do it at least the country can decide democratically.
We are controlled by Brussels making new laws which if we had a say would reject, but us being British get on and comply then they side step the issues and then disband them after we have suffered the cost.
They let Scotland have a referendum and should let them do it again just to see how good Nicola Queen of Scots gets on with no financial help from Whitehall, god I would like to see her squirm, you got me all fired up and now I got to go to bed and try and sleep, Buzzer.

Carryfast:

Bewick:

Carryfast:

Dan Punchard:

On the basis that I’m singing from Shores book and you from Heath’s according to your previous posts you tell me. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There’s absolutely no ■■■■■■■ hope for you “CF” you are probably one of those that comes under the heading "spoiled ballot paper"when the returning officer reads out the results but how about if I volanteered to enter the voting booth with you to guide you through the process,or you could apply for a postal vote and send it to me fill it in :wink: Cheers Bewick.

Buzzer:
Mr Bewick I am with you get owt now as we do get owt now, fourty years running to all parts of Europe and my boys still at it with fifteen artics, small fry I know compared with some but we have been promised a referendum for far to long and it aint happened yet, lets get on and do it at least the country can decide democratically.
We are controlled by Brussels making new laws which if we had a say would reject, but us being British get on and comply then they side step the issues and then disband them after we have suffered the cost.
They let Scotland have a referendum and should let them do it again just to see how good Nicola Queen of Scots gets on with no financial help from Whitehall, god I would like to see her squirm, you got me all fired up and now I got to go to bed and try and sleep, Buzzer.

Try a Large dram “Buzzer” it works wonders (well Larry says it does :wink: ) Cheers Bewick.

What about the grow a turnip buy a new tractor gang ,will there be fields for sale everywhere ? Where will the wurzels get there free money from ?

Dan Punchard:
What about the grow a turnip buy a new tractor gang ,will there be fields for sale everywhere ? Where will the wurzels get there free money from ?

They will have to learn to stand on their own feet and not be propped up with subsidies Dan,farmers have been “feather bedded” for far too long so bring it on the sooner the better I say ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Dan Punchard:

We are an island Dan ! how much of your traffic is to and from mainland Europe ? Plus IMHO everything should cross both the Irish and North sea in sealed ISO boxes which in its-self would be extremely beneficial as there would be no mad paddy outfits or French/Dutch eastern european left hookers on our road system for a start !! Vote UKIP !! Cheers Dennis.

None anymore ,we were just starting on the light side with a few loads Italy ,Spain ,Germany ,France more ,then it died a death with the Eastern europeans coming over ,only loads we get now are the ones very urgent or over size .

Bewick:

Carryfast:

Bewick:

There’s absolutely no [zb] hope for you “CF” you are probably one of those that comes under the heading "spoiled ballot paper"when the returning officer reads out the results but how about if I volanteered to enter the voting booth with you to guide you through the process,or you could apply for a postal vote and send it to me fill it in :wink: Cheers Bewick.

I had no problem putting my X against UKIP a few weeks ago. :wink: :smiley:

Just as I’d have voted out in 1975 ‘if’ the hypocritical in lot led by Wilson had reduced the voting age as they seem to want now. :imp:

Although I’d be doubtful about listening to any advice from anyone who voted Heath into government on the basis of not wanting to be in EU. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Carryfast its no good ranting on about Heath and Wilson that time has long gone, water under the bridge and all that. We need to concentrate on what is happening right now. We import more from them than we sell to them so I cant see them kicking us into touch, and when Greece goes pop which is looking more likely by the day lots will want out, Buzzer.