Euro poll yes/no

Should we remain in the EU :question:

I know its probably over 2 years away but do you have a definite decision yet :question:

personally i want out , but the politicians on both sides have dragged the issue out for years to ensure that immigrant groups with a vested interest are numerous enough to ensure a no vote . cameron and others before him have no intention of quitting europe . had a referendum been held 10 years ago we would probably been out , but i think it is too late now .

You started a euro poll? Jesus,carryfast and billyhunt are STILL going at it after the general election for the UK. And you want to start them off on whether we should stay in Europe?
Man,your some kind of masochist! :laughing:

The-Snowman:
You started a euro poll? Jesus,carryfast and billyhunt are STILL going at it after the general election for the UK. And you want to start them off on whether we should stay in Europe?
Man,your some kind of masochist! :laughing:

Look on the bright side at least we’ve both reached an agreement that it shouldn’t be a matter settled by democratic process.Which then just leaves the argument that no one has the right to give or vote away the sovereignty of the government to foreign federal power.Let alone what the scam costs us every hour that we remain in it for the privilege of being in a trade deficit.

The keeness of the French and Germans to hang on to us (and our ludicrous “membership” fee) tells me that we are quite simply being milked. If a rational, realistic compromise could be negotiated, I could possibly be swayed into believing that there was some benefit to continued involvement. This is extremely unlikely to happen, so I see myself staying in the “out” camp. All I see presently is a horde of obscenely wealthy and largely unknown manipulators swelling their already over-bloated portfolios at our expense, whilst telling us what a wonderful and beneficial thing we are enjoying.
I am also mindful of the fact that we signed up all those years ago to the common market, and NOT a dictatorial federal superstate, which appears to be what we are now unwittingly shackled to.

■■■■■■■:
I am also mindful of the fact that we signed up all those years ago to the common market, and NOT a dictatorial federal superstate, which appears to be what we are now unwittingly shackled to.

Even ‘if’ it had just been a ‘Common Market’,which by the terms of the treaties Heath and the out campaign in the day knew it never was.It is still economic suicide to enter into an open door trade policy,that doesn’t allow the use of tarrifs and barriers as and when needed to maintain at least a situation of trade balance.

In the case of the EU the reality of the so called ‘Common Market’ was always a case of back door trade barriers,at least in the form of customer loyalty,amongst others.In which Germans usually bought German and the French bought French.With good reason.While unfortunately the Brit buying public were never that bright.

While issues like this show the contradiction between uncontrolled free markets v the economic reality of the inevitable trade deficit it results in.Without German type buying habits.While the free marketeers just use the same old bs that applying trade barriers in whatever form would harm our ‘exports’.While conveniently forgetting that we can’t lose a trade war from a position in which we are already in massive trade deficit regardless of all their bs propaganda trying to show the opposite. :unamused: :frowning:

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15551818

OUT. As an armchair anarchist every time a suit tells me that I’ll be better off doing something I immediately want the opposite.

Tricky one this, think I’ll sit on the fence for now. :open_mouth:

Poised and ready for another popcorn marathon! :smiley: