Essential Safety Clothing For Trucking

Hello,

I don’t know if this question has been raised in a previous thread but have just been going through the toolstation catalogue after picking up a few pointers regarding what to take with you when trucking.

What I would like to know is what sort of safety equipment you would take with you when out trucking (I mean the essentials you take whether you are temp/perm/agency and trunk/multidrop etc)

I was thinking of:

• safety boots
  • high vis vest
  • waterproof/slick coat
  • waterproof/slick trousers
  • hard hat
  • 2 pairs of gloves

Does this sound right to you? Also would you take these (specifically boots and high vis vest) to your driving test/drivers assesment with companies??

Thanks for your help all :grimacing:

Want2Truck:

• safety boots

Definitely, take them every day to work and on every assessment, you will more than likely need them and you don’t want to look a ■■■ when you aint got them

Want2Truck:

• high vis vest

See above

Want2Truck:

• waterproof/slick coat

Might be worth having if you know the weather is gonna turn or can just tuck in a pocket of your bag (or for winter get a padded waterproof hi=viz jacket.2 birds one stone)

Want2Truck:

• waterproof/slick trousers

Bought a pair (the hi viz variety) and they have an amazing amount of dust on them in the garage now

Want2Truck:

• hard hat

Only take if you know you will need it (or leave in boot of car)

Want2Truck:

• 2 pairs of gloves

A good idea

or do what I do, buy a box of disposable rubber gloves (£9 from B&Q for 100 pairs-ish) no oil marks anywhere (including side locker doors/wind deflector/cab door) cos you whip them off and turn them inside out and throw away.

That’s my tuppence worth

Good luck

oh and definitely take hiviz and safety boots to assessments (also polish boots)

Hey Lee G

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.

:grimacing:

pretty much agree with Lee on that.
The day Lee came out with me the sod looked more like the driver than I did :open_mouth:
Oh and the latex gloves…dont wear them in any layby’s in the brighton/shoreham area :open_mouth:
Simon :sunglasses: