So ... if you aint got your regular unit

… then you end up travelling ‘light’ … i.e. living outta your bag.

So how much gear do you carry in your work bag■■?

I often end up with ‘surprise’ nights out, so carry a sleeping bag with pillow and washbag rolled up inside at all times, but my daybag has a variety of bits and bobs in it, from hot water flask and coffeebags, to toolroll with pliers, screwdrivers and tape etc …

What do you think is ‘essential’ to your daybag■■?

Start the list off with

Gloves
Hi Vis Vest

what else??

Not a full list by any means - I’d have to look, its not been out for a year or two:

Lunch
Flask
Water
Bridge Map book
Torch
Box of tacho discs
A few bulbs & fuses
Roll of insulation tape
Tie wraps
Spare pair of undies (same ones for many years) :laughing:
Spare shirt
Pens
Various print offs from here & elsewhere regarding the finer points of digi tach operation,
drivers hours law, wtd, etc. etc.

P.S. Apart from a brief foray into owner-drivership many years ago, I’ve never had the privelage of having a “regular” truck. Must make life very easy.

Sat nav, map, digi tacho card, any analogue tacho’s, phone charger, stapler ('cause I like my paperwork tidy), baby wipes and kitchen roll, 2 bottles of flavoured water

Gloves are in my coat which is hi vis and I have a hi vis bib in the other pocket

No planned nights out, but swap motors nearly every day.

Waterproofs, safety helmet, boiler suit, road atlas, folder with paperwork and authorisation book, spare gloves, good book, proper bluetooth headset, flask/teabags/coffee/milk/sweeteners, cup, lunchbox, selection of toolsincluding Leatherman multi tool (worth its weight in gold), screen cleaner spray and blue paper, wet wipes, squeegee, tupperware box of odds and sods, bulbs, torch, insulation tape, phone chargers etc.

Doesn’t sound much but wouldn’t want to heft that bag for too long.

i have found the bags that you use to carry lap tops are handy for all the paper work stuff to go in,lots of little and big pockets to store stuff in,even got a mini version for my Snooper S700 to go,with all the cables.