Suitable Clothing

Hi All,

I am due to commence driver training next month. Can you recommend suitable work trousers with reflective/fluorescent panels piping please?

Thanks

:unamused:

I just had comfortable clothes for training, schools may request a hi-vis vest, but trousers etc is possibly too much. ypu want to be comfortable, so you dont even notice what your wearing

It’s probably a good idea. Although I’ve never heard of it as a requirement. For work I would recommend cargo type with lots of pockets.

Hi,

Thanks for reply’s. Yes I appreciate no legal requirement. But with dark murky mornings and evenings, I thought the HI Viz etc would be a good idea, especially as it’s your legs that exit first, I’d like the Hi Viz at the bottom.

Cheers

Seems like a sensible idea. Personally Id just go to your local Screwfix, or your nearest industrial estate that will inevitably have a workwear/PPE warehouse type store, and buy whatever you like the look of/cheapest they have as it’ll all be much of a muchness made in the same factory with different generic sounding construction site made up name brand labels slapped on them. Save a bit of money to put towards your course :stuck_out_tongue: Then upgrade to nicer high quality stuff once youre working if you fancy.

There isn’t anything wrong with it, but it wouldn’t be my first thought. Most drivers don’t bother with hi-vis trousers, it is more of a bin man type thing.

How about these :smiley:

Are they gender specific……

Maverick777:
Are they gender specific……

Id guess theyre gender indiscriminate…

Just wear something comfortable. You will be driving for 4 hours atleast so something comfy and breathable. Dont forget to take a pair of cheap gloves unless your training provider will provide them.

If you do buy gloves, make sure theyre not the grippy rubber palm kind! I had these then learnt they were too grippy to spin the handle and deploy the legs so had to do it bare handed :laughing:

tierbirdy:
If you do buy gloves, make sure theyre not the grippy rubber palm kind! I had these then learnt they were too grippy to spin the handle and deploy the legs so had to do it bare handed :laughing:

Ok to wear them IF you also remember to carry a little rag which you put between glove and handle :bulb:

heres a tip based on my shift Saturday doing home delivery 7.5T multidrop.

make sure you have trousers and jacket that you can wipe clean. the road salt and general dirt that gets on these things this time of year is insane. stepping in and out of the back, and shutting the doors is a recipe for looking like you slept in a ditch.

Thanks for your tips and advice. Passed today………Yippee.

Well Done!!!

A late reply but welcome to the funny farm! :smiley:

Cheers