Enquiry on denmark

i mite have the chance of driving abroad again the company does a lot of denmark what are ups and downs of driving there borders parking up etc etc

Nice run. You probably know prices are dearer there, headlights on all day. Borders ? straight through unless you go on the ferry, even then that shouldn’t be much of a holdup. Food on the ferry was reasonable, price and quality. Most of the Danes seem to understand some English at least. ■■■■ cold in the Winter with good chance of snow and ice.

never done it mate but would love to .scandinavia would be the one place that would tempt me back on euro work.goodluck with it if ya take it :wink:

parking and food excellent and well sign posted off motorway.just follow knife and fork signs.

Veeeery flat country, as Fens around Peterborough. But far more interesting. Colourful and so. These people often paint their houses red and yellow.
Their trucks run at 50t GCW, colorful liveries, alloy whells, lightbars etc very common, windmill blades and pillar transports very common as well, so you’ll see many impressive vehicles there. Also quite a few impressive bridges.
Not as many motorways as in Germany or Netherlands, but those existing are very good quality. E-roads have no additional national marking, so E45 is simply E45 across DK, nothing like E45/A7 as in Germany.
Petrol station / service area every 30km.
Food consists mainly of pork dishes - they have move pigs than people in DK.
Very good beer; though be careful as they may stronger than those you are used to. Alcohol limit of 0.5 is I remember well. Better not to drink when driving.
Depending on where you go you may need to use some of their inland ferries.
Winter there is terrible - worse than the one in England. Bloody windy, freezing rain, fogs, snow&rain, rain, snow…Rough sea so ferries do not operate or they do and make you so sea sick that you can hardly drive your truck out of the boat and then need to have good few minutes break afterwards to adapt back to solid ground.
Low crime rate in general, but very high passenger car theft rate per capita - third in the wolrd or Europe I think. However, never heard of a truck stolen or burgled in DK.
Danes generally speak english so you’ll get by easily. They also drive quite fast so to calm them down some authorities hired ■■■■■ girls who wave with around with speed limits signs. To make sure you DO slown down, these girls are … (guess what)… ■■■■■■■

HomoFaber:
They also drive quite fast so to calm them down some authorities hired ■■■■■ girls who wave with around with speed limits signs. To make sure you DO slown down, these girls are … (guess what)… ■■■■■■■

I remember that Danish Road Safety Council ad :laughing::lol::lol: (Look up “Speedbandits” :wink: I would’ve posted the link, but don’t want to get told off as it contains bare bristrols.

I like the name of the traffic policeman: Bent Koch Hansen and the Sikh taxi driver’s comments "“Denmark has totally redeemed itself!”.

I would say its one of the better places to drive in, not very much traffic to speak off, it can be busy in the Copenhagen area out rush hour, but its not anything like the UK. Its not a big country at all, a lot of islands, 2 main ones and then Jutland which is attached to Germany. I would guess that you would be on these and all are joined together with bridges, a few ferry crossing exsist, but you can go from the top of Jutland to Copenhagen via road.

Headlights are a must at all times as pointed out. Service stations for fuel and food are always close weather on the motorway or A roads. Look out for Bilka, these are large supermakets and offer parking for trucks at the out of town sites for shopping, but you will not have a problem finding somewhere to park at night. The laybys are often set of the road and have a toilet, the main service areas are good, pleanty of room, showers, food.

I would say you would find it hard to find a non English speaker and most will talk better than you do, they love to practise English. They are friendly people who like to have a good time, great party people. I think you would find the beer a little stronger than the UK and beware of offers of Gamel Dansk if to plan on driving the next day.

Its expensive in Denmark, so finding an Lavprise, Netto or Fakto supermarket to stock up and self cater will save you, eating out its going to cost a lot more than you are used to, even a MacDonalds will go into the 8 quid mark.

Danes do like if you have a go with Danish and they will love you if you say "Hej (pronunced Hi) and godbye can be Hej Hej or farvel and thank people with a nice easy “Tak” (tack). If you see a Policeman with a sign saying ■■■■ Kontrol please do not laugh, ■■■■ means speed. Also do by the sweets in the box marked ■■■■■, threy are very tasty :smiley:

I spend 6 months a year working there and it really is a great place, quite flat, but fantastic forests and lakes. The weather in winter is a little colder than the UK, because of the landscape when it snows it drifts and roads get blocked quickly and its not that normal for people to run on winter tyres, its not that cold, maybe -10, but its really not that bad. Summer is a bit warmer than here and as nowhere in Denmark is further than 45km from the sea, even on the hottest day there seems to be a nice breeze to cool the air. This is the best time to be in Denmark as the girls come out and your jaw will drop.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: ■■■■■ sweets… i think i`ll pass on them mate thanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

HomoFaber:
They also drive quite fast so to calm them down some authorities hired ■■■■■ girls who wave with around with speed limits signs. To make sure you DO slown down, these girls are … (guess what)… ■■■■■■■

sounds good to me i would definatley agree in those conditions the limit should be 5 mph especally so in the winter. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

JB:
:shock: :open_mouth: ■■■■■ sweets… i think i`ll pass on them mate thanks :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

my thoughts too john dont like soft centres. :smiling_imp:

thanx very much to everyone for the info

¨
check out
http://www.trafikken.dk/wimpdoc.asp?page=document&objno=20853
lot’s of info

thanks martin thats a nice site you posted,

Regards the sweets, they are very nice, but I got my first box because, well you have to don’t you with such a name. We had a nice danish ■■■■■■■ our tour who was looking after promotion, anyway the lass saw the box and shrieked “I love the taste of ■■■■■ in my month” then look somewhat bemused by a mass of brits rolling around on the floor. Mine you when in Sweden there is a nice chocolate candy called Plop!!!

drew128:
Regards the sweets, they are very nice, but I got my first box because, well you have to don’t you with such a name. We had a nice danish ■■■■■■■ our tour who was looking after promotion, anyway the lass saw the box and shrieked “I love the taste of ■■■■■ in my month” then look somewhat bemused by a mass of brits rolling around on the floor. Mine you when in Sweden there is a nice chocolate candy called Plop!!!

That reminds me of a Dutch girl I was talking to.

“I love Britain, especially living in the countryside, it is nice to wake up to the smell of manure and a ■■■■”

The over zealous auto censor will probably edit my description of a boy chicken :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hi guys i figure i might as well carry this on as its about denmark… Just wondering what the running hight is over there. I think im goin over in a few weeks and will be running at 4.0m (13.1ft) Also is there a tool charge to use the roads there for lorrys… iv look around but not much avail. thanks in advance

you need to get a euro vingette
for Denamark have a lookat the
euro sticky, this will help you
out plus 4.00m is the euro norm
for trailers, do not for get the maut
for germany,

cheers for the reply. I have no idea where im shipping too yet but boss said something about the boat been 7hrs long i couldnt really hear him right. so will running at 4.0meters be ok then or should i be wary of the bridges there… First trip abroad in a lorry so trying to learn before i go.

7 hours on the boat… sounds about right.
Oostende to Ramsgate is 4 hours, Zeebe to hull is 9 hours…
Put the thing on rest when you get on, and park up for 4 after you dock, and you’ll start with a nice fresh card.
Be very careful getting on the boat, they always pack them in tight. Follow the crew directions. The boats I use don’t recommend you take much out of the wagon for the journey. A small bag of shower stuff and your cash will do.

I personally, try very hard not to park up for the night within an hour’s drive of a ferry port when loaded for the UK. It’s just safer that way. If you’re taking a right ■■■■■■ over, look for a Fresnel lens from somewhere. HA give them out to left hookers, maybe you can talk them into letting you have one. If not, get one in Europe (or halfords). They’re sometimes sold as wide angle lenses for the backs of vans and campers etc.

Good luck, and take care over here.

hi guys ok so i have talked to my boss today and we r getting the lovely 18hr boat right to denmark so ill have a fresh card when we arrive at 1pm. From there im goin to hejbol in denmark and then emabarking on the journey home which is taking me to germany to collect a load then holland for 1more and hopefull will get to my parents house in belgium for dinner and a shower 1 day:) Boss wants me bak in the uk by the fri afternoon and if i dont get back ill have to have a weekend break in europe somewhere. Alli as for the lense i got one today off the HA wombles. Looking forward to this as im off to jersey 1st… thanks for the replys