Danish work or companys

Here we go’ first post hope it works. I live in denmark near the swedish border and im looking for a open door to a Danish company. I’ve rang around and had some bits and bobs doing norway(its cold and white). any help would be great any offeres even better safe parking availible tramp 4/6 weeks. Soon be summer :wink:

binno:
Here we go’ first post hope it works. I live in denmark near the swedish border and im looking for a open door to a Danish company. I’ve rang around and had some bits and bobs doing norway(its cold and white). any help would be great any offeres even better safe parking availible tramp 4/6 weeks. Soon be summer :wink:

Welcome aboard Binno. Was parked-up at Padborg back end of last year when the Danes blockaded the border. Got talking to a few Brit lads who were on for various Danish companies. General vibe seemed to be that the job isn’t what it used to be - wages not increasing/working harder. Also sounded like it was becoming difficult to compete with cheaper competition from elsewhere in the EU. Couple of the lads were fearing redundancy. Don’t know if that effects you, being further north,but would be interested to hear you get on.

Hi GB1 Thanks for replying. Thats about the situation up here, All the work is given to cheap labour and offices are being set up in eastern europe to avoid the Danish tax leaving the locals and other weastern european drivers out in the cold (excuse the pun). Tax in Denmark is 40% off your wages and if you own the truck its 60% so from my point of view as a driver UK wages are in fact better by £50 or £100 per week. As for the blockade it was a wast of time as Denmark was in election week and even the union told them its a waist of time.
Enough of the politics.
I have given up the search and am currently looking into other long haul firms anywere so any ideas would help, I see Ralph Davis up this way a fair bit but know nothing about them, I have a wife and 2 children so i have to be sure of my pay. Well I wish you well and i’ll keep you posted on all the GOOD news.

binno:
…am currently looking into other long haul firms anywere so any ideas would help…

Just a random thought here, but have you tried Ahola transport? They run throughout scandinavia and might be worth a call?

www.ahola.fi

DSL Padborg and Arnie Jensen are 2 Danish firms that take on English drivers, Ove Ostergaard is another off the top of my head