Denmark

Hi Guys, I’m off to Odense on Monday, and I forgot to ask anyone about the road system in Denmark, are there toll roads, and how can you pay for them,? I am heading from Belgium with a load, and I have an OBU for the German Maut, and a shell card and transponder, also Shell for the French toll system, any thoughts
/.

Sapper

Have a look through the Euro Drivers Info Point, in the stickies at the top of this forum.
There’s a fair bit of info in there covering most of the things you’ll need to know.

denmark works on the vignette system, which you’ll need for belguim and holland to. you can buy this on your shell card, either at a service station, or if you have the card with you, and all its details, including your dates of travel, you can buy it online, just go on google and type in eurovignette, that should get you to the home page, its all self explanatory, good luck.

seeing as you’re going via belgium and holland i think its cheaper to buy the vignette for a week, it works out cheaper than 4 or 5 days (not quite sure) which you’ll probably buy anyway.
remember they don’t take euro’s :blush: i forgot the first time :blush: and take your own food as a meal in a services or truckstop is quite expensive, there are some good truckstops very close to the motorway network

HI again, thanks for the replies, I also have a Shell transponder on the truck, does thgis cover the vignette system or do I have to stop and buy it?.

Sapper

Just saw Welshboyinspain’s reply, to clarify, I am driving for DHL in Holland and they have about 5 transponders in all the trucks, so I take it all the vignette systems are covered unless I am going further afield to Austria or even further, thanks for all the info, I guess I shall have to call the Transport bod on Monday after I load.

Sapper

no idea what a transponder is but you have to buy a vignette, although as you work for a dutch company they should do it for you just tell your office what days you need as dutch trucks need the vignette even in their own country

Hi Welshboyinspain, a transponder is like the tag for the Dartford Crossing, as I say, we have them for France and the German Maut that I know for a fact so I don’t have to stop to buy anything, there is also another two on the windscreen, I guess I’ll just have to ask the question. I obviously have never been to Denmark before, looking forward to it. one of the other guys, is going to Berlin and want’s to swap with me as we are loading at the same time, but as much as I would like to see Berlin, he can go and jump off a bridge. maybe the next time I am going to Rotterdam, I will swap him then. Thanks for all the replies,

Sapper

thats where you were confusing me, you call it a tag for dartford but a transponder for france? its just a tag but you’re trying to impress us with big words :laughing: :laughing:
as i said if your truck is dutch then your company must be buying the vignette for every day that you are in holland anyway so check with them for the days you need.
you could do with finding out what the other tags are on your windscreen too, they could be a go box for austria and a via for italy maybe

welshboyinspain:
no idea what a transponder is but you have to buy a vignette, although as you work for a dutch company they should do it for you just tell your office what days you need as dutch trucks need the vignette even in their own country

I’d expect a Dutch wagon to have an annual vignette personally.
(Same for Belgian, Danish and is it Sweden? )

Simon:

welshboyinspain:

I’d expect a Dutch wagon to have an annual vignette personally.
(Same for Belgian, Danish and is it Sweden? )

i’d kind of think the same as this.
and yes, sweden is part of the vignette aswell.

i knew weekly was cheaper but i didn’t know if a yearly one was even available, if a dutch truck was to be out of holland a lot maybe they would be bought to match its usage :confused: :question:
vasco would know if he’s lurking about as some of his dutch trucks don’t get back to base that often

Thanks Guys, you came through, lot’s of experience on this forum, grateful for the replies, better than the other forum that is all Stobbie bashing.#

Sapper

welshboyinspain:
i knew weekly was cheaper but i didn’t know if a yearly one was even available,

I don’t know for a fact that an annual is available. But I’d be surprised if it wasn’t and at a considerable discount over weekly or monthly.

sapper:
Thanks Guys, you came through, lot’s of experience on this forum, grateful for the replies, better than the other forum that is all Stobbie bashing.#

Sapper

use of the s word on the euro forum risks being put on pre mod :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Simon:

welshboyinspain:

I don’t know for a fact that an annual is available. But I’d be surprised if it wasn’t and at a considerable discount over weekly or monthly.

i have been stood in a queue to buy the vignette and the driver in front had a belgian truck so maybe it works out cheaper if the truck stays in its own country more but if away for long periods around europe maybe not.

maybe thats the way the UK should look to having a fairer system, all trucks both brit and foreign pay a fixed rate per day but buying longer periods gets it cheaper so uk hauliers would not need to pay if they were out of the country and us johnny foreigners would pay when we visit and stop the “make the foreigners pay” which pops up every so often :bulb:

welshboyinspain:

Simon:

welshboyinspain:

i have been stood in a queue to buy the vignette and the driver in front had a belgian truck so maybe it works out cheaper if the truck stays in its own country more but if away for long periods around europe maybe not.

maybe thats the way the UK should look to having a fairer system, all trucks both brit and foreign pay a fixed rate per day but buying longer periods gets it cheaper so uk hauliers would not need to pay if they were out of the country and us johnny foreigners would pay when we visit and stop the “make the foreigners pay” which pops up every so often :bulb:

a yearly one is definatly available. When i worked for a Swedish firm we had them from Jan 1st to Dec31st, no idea of the price, but imagine it was cheaper than any other way of doing it.

A Belgian Swedish or Danish registered truck can only have an annual Vignette, however it is different in Holland and you could buy them by the day, week or month like we can.

The first three have to pay the vignette along with their road tax in their own country.

Back in the day when the Fatherland was a member of the Eurovignette system, all our trucks, except mine, had an annual vignette.

I was on a contract running to France every week, so would buy 2 separate vignettes when setting off on Sunday night: One for Monday and one for the return on Friday.

This saved a wad of cash as the truck was out of the Eurovignette area most of the time.

Simon:

welshboyinspain:

It is, and it costs, at €1250 about the same as buying 156 daily, 38 weekly or 10 monthly vignettes,

Back in my OD days and Germany was part of the scheme I used to buy the monthly vignette.