Denmark

Since returning from my Borneo misadventure last month I’ve been plotting a route back to Norway which I was hoping might be more of a long term thing compared to my other jaunts. Although I’ve been taking Norwegian lessons and have got to the stage where I can now converse with the natives to a certain degree I haven’t had much luck in finding any work. Out of curiosity I started looking at Denmark as an alternative because the language is closely related and in written form I can understand it. I wasn’t expecting to have any success whatsoever but after sending an email in Norwegian to a heavy haulage company on the Jutland peninsular (the part that’s connected to Germany) I’ve been told to standby for a possible interview in Billund, the home of LEGO.

It seems to me as though the cost of living and property rental is very reasonable compared to parts of Norway but I’m aware that the average wage isn’t as good.

Does anyone know much about the place??
I’m thinking Lincolnshire for some unknown reason…
Fields, farmers, pigs, wind, tractors, more wind, flat as a pancake and women that are vehemently proud of their local pork products but still like to try an imported sausage every now and again.

Owwww!! Sounds guurrrddd! :open_mouth:

Is nowhere safe from you nowadays :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Duck.Maybe you should try looking further North in Norway,Sweden and Finland for work.Maybe start by doing summer work to get in with the Companies up North.There is a lot of work from about May through to October due to the short summers and the need to get as much done in that time as poss,especially in the mining,building and roadwork companies.I work for a mining company from about May to October on a system of 7days work x 10hrs,7days free.For that i take about £2300net.This see’s me through the winter so i can relax and enjoy the winter here.As i am old and lazy i dont do much extra but a lot of the young guys also work ‘‘extra’’ on their week off.As most of the work is ‘‘off road’’ and most companies work on the ‘‘3 wise monkeys’’ system everyone is happy.