End of the training

It’s been a hard decision to make particularly as things have just started to take off but I’m wrapping the training up.

As you may know I got a different trunk this week. The first problem that I foresaw was the crash box. Not what you could describe as ideal for learning in. But the jobs changed too with it having the bigger arm fitted to it. Where as I always got the 20’ stores and offices all the time, now I’m doing the 32’x10’ so there’s no way I can put a new driver in with one on.

In the next week or two the trailer will have finished being refurbished and that too will be on the road. This will mean that any new driver won’t be able to drive if the truck has the trailer on.

As many of you will know the whole idea behind the training that I offered was that that trainees would be learning as the truck was working. That’s why I could offer very competitively priced lessons. But now things have changed and will change even further and I just feel that the training will effect the day to day, bread and butter work of the wagon.

I’d just like to thank Rikki for allowing me to promote what I was trying to do and other members of TrucknetUK that gave me so much help and advise along the way. Krankee top man, Lost pup for sorting the website out, and Davey Driver for the help in the background that I won’t mention so as not to embarrass him. Cheers guys.

I got in just in time then really…

It’s a shame but as you say the decision was really out of your hands. Still, it’s an idea you can keep in case you have a suitable situation for it again in the future.

Paul

Sorry to hear this Phil

But nowt to worry about, you showed that a good idea can work if the Trucks right :wink:

What a shame! I thought this was a real good idea, and still is

someone will no doubt copy your idea and make a few quid doing it!

not such an uncommon practice is it?

the school I chose runs with an operators license and if a pupil requests it, they’ll take a load out on a long run and even include a night out if they want. South Wales and Southampton are favoured runs apparently, a good variety of roads on the way, and gives good tacho practice.

I’ve little experience of truck driving schools outside the one I used though so may well be wrong and it could be uncommon.

el gordo 78:
not such an uncommon practice is it?

It’s not something I’ve ever come across before.

el gordo 78:
the school I chose runs with an operators license and if a pupil requests it, they’ll take a load out on a long run and even include a night out if they want. South Wales and Southampton are favoured runs apparently, a good variety of roads on the way, and gives good tacho practice.

All of the ones I know of (which admittedly is a fairly small sample) run empty all of the time as they’re completely seperate from any transport company so there’s no load to use. They also tax their vehicle as a Private LGV which is nice and cheap but means you can’t use it to carry a load for money anyway.

Paul

When i took mine, Cappers did a 2 week course, in a everyday road going motor, doing loads ect. If Id have had the brain to know, i’d have took them over S. Jones, simply because it’d be a lot better for the real job, tho maybe harder to pass as there was a lot going on, wnatever, time over again, id be doing it at Cappers!

repton:
[All of the ones I know of (which admittedly is a fairly small sample) run empty all of the time as they’re completely seperate from any transport company so there’s no load to use. They also tax their vehicle as a Private LGV which is nice and cheap but means you can’t use it to carry a load for money anyway.
/quote]

and private HGV’s don’t need an Operators licence :open_mouth:

The training companies I know just spend the training time driving around the test routes and practicing the reversing etc…