Employment Opportunities Around SW1-Info Required

Have a mate heading over to UK soon and he was wondering on the employment situation around SW1 for a semi driver.He has the permits,visas etc and 20+ years experience containers,tautliners etc Down Under.
Any tips on reputable companies,permanant,casual hire,agency work etc with the going pay rates would be appreciated.
Also helpful email/website addresses for the above area.
Regards
Boots

Hello Boots,
A good start point might be Hays recruitment who have a large office in Victoria,SW1 and they have a variety of work.Rates are £9.00 minimum ( push for £10 and time and a half for overtime).It would be really useful if your mate could sort himself some wheel’s for getting about,I don’t think he’ll get much work in SW1 itself and he will probably have to do a bit of travelling.Sorry,forgot to say the rates above are for day work,night work will be from £12 upwards,I’ll try and dig out some contact details and get back to you,

Kenny

Tel. 0207 630 1171

Fax 01226 720 707

e: victoria@hays.logisticspersonnel.co.uk

Hope that helps Boots,need any more info just ask mate,

hi matey i doubt very much you will find any transport companies that are based in the middle of london…what on earth posessed him to look in that area…and surely he wont want to live there as the rents are around £2000 a month…unless he wants to live in a cardboard box…then its free…but on a serious note…he could always look in yellow pages for transport companies in or around the outskirts of the capital…essex or kent region are the best bet…of course there are many freight companies around heathrow…so good luck anyway…
have a nice day